Tytanis, Skyrim Online and SkyNet announce cooperation

Szimitar

if this becomes successful, am looking forward to Bethesda recruiting you peeps..lol

Imagine the entirety of tamriel open for exploration in a multiplyer RPG...YAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaay!!!

I know its just a dream..but hey :D

You realize Beth could of easily made this multiplayer right? They specifically choose not to. They even discussed it in a interview somewhere. Honestly, Skyrim is to small for more than a few people. 20 people could wipe out the whole outside population with ease before respawns. Now four or five people playing together could be interesting. Especially if mods were made to specifically balance the game for having more than one person. Right now the game is pretty dang easy already. Add more people to it and ...well you get the picture.

I am curious to see where this will go though. Will be interesting to see how you all decide how to handle mod's, the console, and all the other little things that will crop up. Good luck!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize Beth could of easily made this multiplayer right? They specifically choose not to. They even discussed it in a interview somewhere. Honestly, Skyrim is to small for more than a few people. 20 people could wipe out the whole outside population with ease before respawns. Now four or five people playing together could be interesting. Especially if mods were made to specifically balance the game for having more than one person. Right now the game is pretty dang easy already. Add more people to it and ...well you get the picture.

First, i think they know that, because its been told like million times already, second, Beth are just lazy gold miners, that is why skyrim dosnt have mp, imho.

I wish them luck. I only hope they not going to overdo it by planting way too many useless functions.

Edited by FireBug3

if this becomes successful, am looking forward to Bethesda recruiting you peeps..lol

Imagine the entirety of tamriel open for exploration in a multiplyer RPG...YAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaay!!!

I know its just a dream..but hey :D

I am curious to see where this will go though. Will be interesting to see how you all decide how to handle mod's, the console, and all the other little things that will crop up. Good luck!

Well now, let us see here... How do we handle over population of players and mob spawns? Hmmm... OH I KNOW! Lets have RESPAWN DELAYS and OOOOOO OOOOO!!!! Maybe some WoW-Esk Instances we can call DUNGEONS!!!! OH YEAH!!! I feel that creative juice! There will be 40 people on the server, but only 2-4 players can actually group up and do the MULTIPLAYER CONTENT!!! OMG PANDORA'S BOX HAS BEEN OPENED!!!!!

EDIT: /tongueincheek Don't take my meanness seriously, my wife has learned that the hard way. I'll make it easier for you.

Edited by Emmarae

as much as it sounds cool or epic, as ppl describe it, it will most likely have serious issues when ppl use different mods.

still, looking forward to seeing this work, and perhaps implemented with the option where ppl CAN use different mods and not just one ultramod/vanilla skyrim

First, i think they know that, because its been told like million times already, second, Beth are just lazy gold miners, that is why skyrim dosnt have mp, imho.

I wish them luck. I only hope they not going to overdo it by planting way too many useless functions.

Skyrim does not have multiplayer built in because TES is not multiplayer and Beth seem to intend to keep it so. And I sincerely hope that they do as I rather like single player RPG's to be...single player.

This mod is therefore the ideal situation for those that do want multiplayer, whilst not forcing it on the rest of us.

Even though we will enable many people to be on servers at the same time, you can still play with a single friend. All the vanilla dungeons are perfect for 2 player coop, and we will create some extra content that really challenges a pair or a group of 4 people.

You realize Beth could of easily made this multiplayer right? They specifically choose not to.

Easily? No. The fact that they choose not to (for which i do not blame them) does not mean it's easy.

Making a full featured MMO is never easy.

While i cheer for the efforts put into this MP project, it's probably going to take a long time -if ever- until it is anywhere near commercial quality (even tough that bar is not particularly high). Bes could probably do it faster, but it's not easy.

20 people could wipe out the whole outside population with ease before respawns.

Unless difficulty and respwan time is adjusted to the fact that it's multiplayer, which does not seem a far-fetched idea given the fact that it is multiplayer and given that mp dungeons are in the planning.

Very interesting to see how much sooner this and other big projects get starter and how much faster they develop, compared Morrowind and Oblivion modding.

It looks like an exponential decrease in development time due to better tools and a larger more knowledgeable mod community, thanks in no small part to the efforts of the people involved with modding for Morrowind and Oblivion.

Yes thank you.

Regarding the vanilla dungeons, I agree with you.

I think battle fields are good when there are big groups of people, of course equal.(There could be different maps made especially for this purpose)

and if you want to co-operate and do the quests, you could but with only 2 or 4.

Would you help develop mod lessons? (CK school)

Edited by Skyvion