ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

ALT-Tabbing without Window Mode

Kaldhore

Found this by pure accident whilst under the influence of Vodka -

Ok so we all know Alt-Tabbing is a pain when not in windowed mode, some hardware lets you, most does not. I tried doing a normal Alt-Tab to look something up whilst in game, ending in an alt F4. Didnt try again for ages, but last night after several drunken dungeons I wanted to put some music on while I play. So I ALt-Tabbed...

Long Story short, I had Firefox and WMP open as well as Skyrim, tabbed to Skyrim leaving a frame with nothing happening so I ctrl-alt-del to go into task manager but INSTEAD I hit cancel and I went straight back to the game. Tried it again and it worked. All day today I have been doing it this way and not once crashed or had to quit skyrim.

So I thought I'd share it. Alt Tabbing without windowed mode.

Btw Im using Vista (yea I know).

Edit - Sorry didnt know if this should be in general or Technical, its kinda both.

Edited by Kaldhore

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit with 4Gb RAM and an Intel E8400 CPU with a GTX260 GPU.

I don't just hit Alt-Tab twice, I have to cycle through any other open apps to make sure Skyrim is selected each time before letting go.

Similar to my system

Just tried it, and it worked. Thanx thats a lot better than my solution. Well at least theres options out there instead of the README's Dont alt tab !

Thanks

Edited by Kaldhore