My Personal Rant about The Nexus

avidmelon

13 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I continue this?

Also, stop pulling the "contribute something" card, It's only used by people who can say nothing else in rebuttal.

Funny hearing that from someone who voted "yes" in his own poll...

Or considering that you still havn't been able to post any concrete examples of your accusations. All you do is rant without any real arguments.

Also, no one said anything about adding mods, there are plenty of other ways to contribute to the community without doing that. Either by getting premium, or simply helping other users. Judging by your stats however, you have done none of those things.

Edited by amycus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

then take into consideration the effort modder put into their work no matter how small it is before you troll or flame it. and your actual problem is that you have to look for things you like without having them handed to you on a silver platter?

Profanity ridden rants are not expressing an opionion, they are flame bait and in reality serve no real purpose other than to be rude.

Ban you, yeah that probably happen, but that is up to you.

let me try to make it clear to you, it is popular with the mod makers; therefore mod users. Now ask yourself this, if it weren't for the mod makers posting there work here, where will you go ?

They post there work here, because we have rules that are applied evenly to everyone. Even modders get the boot if the break the rules, premium members as well, former staff members have also been banned.

Also, stop pulling the "contribute something" card, It's only used by people who can say nothing else in rebuttal.

Funny hearing that from someone who voted "yes" in his own poll...

Or considering that you still havn't been able to post any concrete examples of your accusations. All you do is rant without any real arguments.

The "yes" vote was kind of stupid, yeah, I know, I just like pushing buttons (joking).

Now, my rant is my personal opinion, also, you people are fast, so I can't reply very fast and make another argument.

Now, the only rules I hate are the ones that say that the comments section is for positive feedback, and the one on porting, which is just my opinion.

positive feedback includes praise, and comments on how the mod could be improved, negative feedback is flaming and trolling. porting however is a legal issue, which since you dont create any mods, you probably wouldnt know Edited by pwnedbyscope

Profanity ridden rants are not expressing an opionion, they are flame bait and in reality serve no real purpose other than to be rude.

let me try to make it clear to you, it is popular with the mod makers; therefore mod users. Now ask yourself this, if it weren't for the mod makers posting there work here, where will you go ?

They post there work here, because we have rules that are applied evenly to everyone. Even modders get the boot if the break the rules, premium members as well, former staff members have also been banned.

Wow, I won't flame you, but some parts I couldn't understand

"it is popular with the mod makers; therefore mod users" wait, mod users what?

and "mod makers posting there work here"? what?

Okay, I'll stop that nitpicking, but, yeah, I see your opinion, but I just wanted to state some things I didn't like about the Nexus. but, can I at least suggest ONE thing? an adult content filter, I don't like stumbling upon "revealing" outfits that ruin the realism. End of rant, there.

Also, on the porting rule, don't the authorities not give a crap about porting? I mean, the FBI won't bust down your doors for allowing it.

Edited by avidmelon

I can't mod (very well). I still managed to contribute. If you have a mature attention span and don't have herp-derp ADHD I'd recommend watching
because I cover very "special" people such as yourself in it. If you are extra-extra-special and can't watch 37 mins of talking, the pertinent part for you is from 24:35 to 26:50.

Wow, I won't flame you, but some parts I couldn't understand

"it is popular with the mod makers; therefore mod users" wait, mod users what?

and "mod makers posting there work here"? what?

Okay, I'll stop that nitpicking, but, yeah, I see your opinion, but I just wanted to state some things I didn't like about the Nexus. but, can I at least suggest ONE thing? an adult content filter, I don't like stumbling upon "revealing" outfits that ruin the realism. End of rant, there.

there is an adult filter, its in your profile preferences

Now, the only rules I hate are the ones that say that the comments section is for positive feedback, and the one on porting, which is just my opinion.

They aren't only for positive feedback, they are also for constructive negative feedback.

That is, if you see a texture mod where you think they textures look to bright, that is ok to write: " I think the textures look a bit too bright. is it possible to make them darker?". It is however not ok to just write: "Your textures suck!"

As for porting, those rules are there because the developers are against it, and thus porting in general is illegal. Of course there are some companies that have allowed it, like the ones responsible for the witcher, and to a lesser extent bioware with their dragon age series. In these cases though, it has been allowed to be uploaded here. My mod "kirkwall exports" for example ports assets from DA2 to DA:O, and it is allowed here because bioware has allowed it.

Sorry for any grammar and spell mistages, I'm a bit tired right now.

Edited by amycus