Problems after fresh Install

I recently did a fresh install on a new desktop system and encountered this problem: Game will not start with the launcher even with "run as admin". However, game does start when using the witcher2 exe from the folder. When attempting to use the launcher there is a delay of several seconds till it opens on the desktop but when it does anything selected from it fails to respond. It was fully patched to latest version.

P.S. Another question I have is: I have both Witcher 1 and 2 installed on my laptop and I'd like to know if my witcher 2 install on the D.T. Comp. can get the (not sure of proper description) migration from witcher 1 into witcher 2 by copying the last save from witcher1 into the save folder on the new witcher2 install on the D.T. Comp.:unsure:

Yes there was a problem earlier with patch 2.0 with the launcher not working if you were not connected to the internet . But if you were connected there was no problem at all . If you want to change graphics settings look in the witcher 2 folder for a configurator.exe file

yep all you do is copy the last save and drop it in the witcher 2 save games folder and should be good to go .

Tommy5761, thanks for your help on clearing up these issues.:dance:

Yes there was a problem earlier with patch 2.0 with the launcher not working if you were not connected to the internet . But if you were connected there was no problem at all . If you want to change graphics settings look in the witcher 2 folder for a configurator.exe file

yep all you do is copy the last save and drop it in the witcher 2 save games folder and should be good to go .