NMM won't install mods

alexgow

I have this problem:

Nexus Mod Manager seems to install correctly mods, in fact they are showed in the Plugins tab. But the game doesn't load them, and the mods aren't showed in the Data folder of the game.

I had a similar problem with the original Skyrim, caused by the use of a different HDD from the game directory in the installation of the Nexus mods, but this is not the case.

Help me please :ermm: .

I think I've got the same problem. When I install a mod, only the folders and .esm are added to my Skyrim SE Data folder. All of the actual files are MIA. Sometimes a few files will make it through, like some .wav files, but never the entire thing. Everyone keeps telling me to run NMM as an administrator (right click the shortcut and click "Run as Administrator"), but that doesn't work.

HUMMMM THAT VERY STRANGE TO HAVE THOSE ISSUES......BUT MAYBE THIS WILL HELPS SOME OF YOU.....

1-INSTALL THE LATEST NEXUS MOD MANAGER

2- TURN OFF ANTI VIRUS APPLICATIONS.....THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT....

3- INSTALL NEXUS MOD MANAGER IN THE SAME HARD DRIVE WHERE YOU HAVE ALL THE GAMES.....IF YOU DON'T DO THAT IT WILL CAUSE SOME ISSUES.....BECAUSE I HAD THOSE ISSUES BEFORE AND NOW IT WORK WELL.....

4- YOU NEED TO ACTIVE ALL THE MODS IN NEXUS MOD MANGAER....FROM THE TOP MENU...VALIDATION IT NEED TO BE CHECK.....

• 7 months later...

Mine is ''unrecognized game mode - Nexus Mod Manager is not set up to work with Skyrim. If Skyrim is installed, rescan for installed games from Change Game Toolbar item.'' I did that multiple times. But every time I try to download a mod from Nexus, this keeps popping up.

Mine is ''unrecognized game mode - Nexus Mod Manager is not set up to work with Skyrim. If Skyrim is installed, rescan for installed games from Change Game Toolbar item.'' I did that multiple times. But every time I try to download a mod from Nexus, this keeps popping up.

@Adversary666 that sounds like you are trying to download mods for Skyrim and not Skyrim Special Edition. The Nexus treats them as 2 entirely separate games. If you want to try out Skyrim mods in SSE you'll have to download the file manually and then manually "Add Mod from File" in NMM. Some of them work just fine, some of them will cause you problems. If you're gonna try that you're probably on your own.

• 1 year later...