Looking for new Hardware

tnu

SO I've been checking and my GPU and CPU are kind of dated. and I"m looking for some new Hardware that will hopefully last me a few years. I currently have a GeForce GTX 760 GPU and an AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor any advice?

I checked on SYstem requiremenst lab to see if m y PC met the system requirements for SKyrim SE and Fallout 4 and it said no but also I'm not sure ifyou mean my scren resolution ou of game or in game. Uin game I think it tends to vary. out of game is 800x600 because I"m visually impaired and icons and text are bigger on 800x600

You know its silly to go oldschool when you can play games in 1080P with a gtx 1060 6gb. Working with oldschool hardware is fun but the resolution is crazy????...

old crts :geek: visually impared people like to have high end gear to, i worked with one in my time as a geek. You can use dsr to upscale, there is a bigger cursor for 1080P resolutions at 4k :geek:

Edited by niphilim222

There are some Accessibility in options in Windows 10. My mom doesn't have the best eyesight and she has her cursor set up to be not only larger, but also a different color to make it easier to see. I believe you can also make the desktop icons larger in windows, as well as a lot of other icons. With that said, if you're going to be staying at 800x600 I don't think you need an upgrade. The resolution alone should reduce how demanding the game is by quite a bit. Plus, Skyrim SE isn't that demanding to be honest.

Though if you are set on an upgrade, I'd suggest upgrading the GPU. It's the simplest upgrade to get, and wouldn't cost as much as upgrading your motherboard, CPU and RAM. I would suggest looking into the RX 470 4GB or the RX 480 4GB or 8GB. Though, if you're an Nvidia fan, the GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1060 6GB are good alternatives. Though, considering your resolution, the GTX 1060 3GB wouldn't be that bad either.

Your GPU is the only thing that could possibly need an update, but you probably don't need it in your situation, especially if you are going to keep playing at such a low resolution due to your eyesight issues. I currently run a(n) FX-8350 with a GTX 770 and only use about 20% of my CPU when my VRAM is maxed out, and that's on a default clock speed, the 8350 is known for being able to be overclocked by insane amounts if you spend the time to work it out.

Edited by Gobby13