[Help-Advice Requested] Making an extra follower from an existing custom follower

xPUREVENOMx

I have a custom follower mod (Kari), that I would like to duplicate and re-name so that I have two of them. The end goal is to marry one and leave her at the house, while having her newly re-named twin as my full time follower. I've tried renaming the files, adding them to my mod manager, opening it in the creation kit and re-naming all the editor ID's and of course the character name as well as few stat changes to make her twin a little different in combat and behavior. I've also looked at various follower modding tutorials. Thus far I've had no luck. I can get the new follower in game, but at the expense of losing the first one. She simply disappears. I believe the problem may lie with the fact that the custom follower that I am trying to duplicate is labeled as a custom class. (kariclass) & (karirace) If this is the problem, I haven't yet figured a way around it. Any help and/suggestions would be most appreciated. *This is also my first attempt at modding Skyrim. Not new to modding, just new to Skyrim. Thanks again.

Edited by xPUREVENOMx

Duplicating through the actor list was the first thing that I tried. I still ended up with it causing the original follower to disappear. (Possible I didn't do something right, or didn't do something), But I appreciate the input, thanks.

I don't know why your first NPC would disappear, but maybe doing it this way will make a difference.

In the actors category in the object window, right click and select new.

Now in the bottom left of the actor window, you will see Template Data. In the ActorBase box, select your NPC you want to duplicate. Be sure to give them a new (different) ID.

Then you'll want to go through the steps of adding them to the world using the cell view and render windows. I'm assuming you already know how to do that.

Let me know if this helps. I'm not positive it will, it's just the first thing that came to mind when duplicating NPCs.