Refuse joining the Nightingales Mod?

Chasolk

Hello.
I've recently begun a new playthrough & decided to be a non-religious thief. Unfortunately i forgot that the whole Noctural-nonsense with selling your soul is something that is not optional. FFS, i managed to slay the bloody World-Eater without that wench's help, why would i need her aid in killing Mercer who is just a regular dude?

I got increasingly agitated when i just couldn't say no, so i decided "F**k this nonsense, i'ma find a mod that let's me just say "NO" to selling my soul... Only to find two versions:
One that allows me to buy back my soul from Noctural AFTER i've sold it. I never wanted to sell it in the first place, so this felt extremely unforfilling.
The other seemed to be exactly what i was looking for.... only to find out it's broken.

So my little request would be this: Can someone fix that old mod or make a new one where you can refuse to join the Nightingales?

• 4 months later...

I also have been looking for a mod like this. I'm deep into the roleplaying aspect of Skyrim and my character is very picky about his after life and the whole Nightingale thing seems like a bad deal, so it's unlikely he would go through with it. Giving up the opportunity for a few pretty useless abilities in order to keep your soul seems logical.

That's how you let Mercer Frey escape.

I also have been looking for a mod like this. I'm deep into the roleplaying aspect of Skyrim and my character is very picky about his after life and the whole Nightingale thing seems like a bad deal, so it's unlikely he would go through with it. Giving up the opportunity for a few pretty useless abilities in order to keep your soul seems logical.

If you don't have any investments in the Stealth trees.