[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Antistar, your work is looking amazing so far, I can't wait for the initial release, have you anticipated when your initial release is going to be or is that yet to be determined, also I thought it'd be nice to have a Heckler & Koch PSG-1 as an additional weapon, maybe in a later release, no ones done one yet so free game, I can't wait to use that submachine gun with the vertical foregrip XD.

Hey, thanks everyone.

I still can't speculate on a release date; there are too many unknown factors. The main thing yet to be done is the AmmoTweaks integration, and I need to wait for its update to come out before I can do that - but beyond that there's really only testing and documentation (and ideally some animations) yet to do.

A PSG-1 is something I'd like to have as part of a modular G3/CETME/etc, but that would take a ton of work, so for now it's only on the wish-list rather than the definitely-happening-list.

As a general update; I'm putting the finishing touches on the levelled list work at the moment. (Making everything show up at vendors properly.) I'd expected to be further along by now, and there are a couple of reasons why I'm not. I guess I'll start with the less fun reason.

I've had a cavalcade of miscellaneous medical appointments sucking up my time for weeks now. I hadn't mentioned it because this thread is about WARS and not my health, and because I kept expecting it to stop - but no, it's just been one thing after another. Fortunately nothing as serious as the hyponatremia that landed me in hospital for a week last year, at least so far. But there were dental appointments (more to come there, too), shoulder pain that turned out to be subacromial bursitis, then shingles which luckily was (I think) caught in time because I already had an appointment for the bursitis and the doctor happened to notice it. Turns out the chickenpox virus can come back to haunt you as an adult; who knew? I certainly didn't, so it wasn't something I knew to look out for.

Fortunately the shingles itself didn't seem to be too bad (I didn't get the agonising pain part of it that is apparently common), but it did seem to cause some secondary infections... or something. I'm not really sure what the deal is there, but I'm on a second round of antibiotics and still feeling kind of under the weather.

So yeah; sorry that things have been slow, but I've been sick. That's just the first, less fun reason though. The other reason is that I was fixing up some levelled lists related to vanilla named weapons and it reminded me that I'd been thinking about putting in some of my own - so I spent some time on that.

I won't spoil where and how they're found (and that might change anyway), but if you want to know the weapons and their names, check out the spoiler below:

AR-15 - The Patriot - Balanced: +5% Aim Speed. -5% Recoil.

A reference to The Patriot from Metal Gear Solid, and configured in almost the same way. This is something I've been thinking about since the start of the project; it's probably the main reason I included a buffer-tube-only option for the stock. If I wasn't specifically removing "magical" Legendary effects, I would have given it the Never Ending effect, since that's the way the weapon works in MGS.

AR-15 - Pequeno Amigo - Ergonomic: +10% Aim Speed.

Or "Little Friend". A pretty obvious one, but the parts are there, so why not?

M79 Grenade Launcher - Jeep Gun - Light: +10% Aim Speed. -20% Bash Damage. +10% Recoil. -0.5lb Weight.

Kind of an in-joke since this is what I personally call the M79 in Far Cry 2, since I used it almost exclusively like an elephant gun, but to stop stampeding jeeps. I included an in-universe note that makes the reference a little more obvious, though.

Mossberg 590 Shotgun - Tequila - Custom: +15% Reload Speed.

Referencing the shotgun used by Chow Yun Fat's character Tequila in the amazing action scene/s in the hospital in Hard Boiled.

SA80 - IL86 - Heavy: -10% Aim Speed. +20% Bash Damage. -10% Recoil. +2lb Weight.

This is what the L85 was called in STALKER, so yes, it's a Cheeki Breeki reference. I may change its effect to something like "Tight Tolerances", which makes it more accurate but with reduced durability.

Skorpion vz. 61 - Klobb - Powerful: +10% Damage.

This is what the Skorpion was called in GoldenEye, on the N64.

Hey Antistar, i know it may seem weird and i don't want to look like a dick that keeps "requesting" things, but i just thought you might be interested in this

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/34676

i now you've mentioned before that the MP5 was on your wishlist so thats why i'm giving you the heads up, anyway keep up the great work man!

PS: Btw are you plannning on making the unique weapons "unique" like in FNV?

Edited by nexusguy

Sorry to hear that antistar. Please take care of yourself. Everything else can wait, even something as ambitious as this. Thanks for letting us know.

On a side-note, I can totally relate to health issues cropping up. After hitting the 30s, the body just wants to go downhill.

Thanks everyone. :)

The symptoms have been reminding me of hyponatremia - well, when I was recovering from it, at least; if it was reminding me of full-blown hyponatremia then I'd be in hospital right now - so the doctor got me to get some tests done for that today. So far the results that have come back are all fine; no hyponatremia, which is nice. I'm getting an MRI next week though; we'll see if that turns up anything. (I had one last year when I was in hospital for the hyponatremia and it didn't show anything wrong then, so I'm kind of expecting the same thing this time.)

Who knows; it might just be side-effects from the antibiotics. They can apparently cause dizziness, nausea, headaches, etc. I just didn't get any of that during the first round a few weeks ago, so...

Anyway, I was feeling a bit better today (and hopefully that continues). I did finish off the last of the levelled list work.

Hey Antistar, i know it may seem weird and i don't want to look like a dick that keeps "requesting" things, but i just thought you might be interested in this

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/34676

i now you've mentioned before that the MP5 was on your wishlist so thats why i'm giving you the heads up, anyway keep up the great work man!

PS: Btw are you plannning on making the unique weapons "unique" like in FNV?

Thanks for pointing it out, though at a glance I'm not sure if that one would be accurate enough to use.

I'm not planning to give the unique weapons unique textures, as in FNV - at least for now. I've mentioned before that alternate skins would balloon the file-size out like crazy, and WARS is already over 700 MB compressed. Maybe as optional add-ons if I get time later on sometime?

Sorry to hear that antistar. Please take care of yourself. Everything else can wait, even something as ambitious as this. Thanks for letting us know.

On a side-note, I can totally relate to health issues cropping up. After hitting the 30s, the body just wants to go downhill.

Ugh - yep. For anyone under thirty wondering what being in your thirties feels like; you just feel like you're in your twenties, only more tired and more prone to getting sick. ;)

I'm sorry about your health concerns Antistar, Ehtyeci and Longstrider92 are definitely right though, you need to look after your health and well being before anything else, even a simple dental appointment, everything else is secondary, it's a good thing they caught your shingles in time too, the agonizing pain is a progressive development, doesn't happen right away, and if it wasn't caught soon enough you could've ended up with permanent chronic pain for life, and you can't expect to finish your project if your not looking after yourself.

In regards to the PSG-1 hopefully in a later update, unless you know how to port from New Vegas to 4, if that's even possible I'd try it out, that be something I do personally for myself of course.

My God i feel so rude for not reading your post, i was so excited to share that file here that i didn't even saw what you post, i hope you get better man, you should take a pause, perhaps a few months, just don't put anything above your health, believe me its not worth it, that comes from my own experience