[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

I thought it looked like it would kill the wrists too but there’s a video of it being shot full and simi auto and it seemed pretty tame, I’ve seen worse from actually pistols and this is basically a AR conversion to classify it as a machine pistol

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly,I think Bethesda was stoned out of their gourd with the whole "Legendary Equipment" system. It makes zero sense,and doesn't enrich gameplay at all. I mean,when I played on the old man's computer,I had non-reactions whenever I got a Legendary item. Even unique items weren't unique; Just a guaranteed instance of a specific Legendary item. Big f***ing whoop. It's like they were trying to make a completely different game,and ended up slapping the Fallout brand on it,because it'd sell.

I like the idea of a procedural "unique" weapon/armour system - because I like procedural things - and I understand why they went with such outlandish/magical/physically impossible effects for them; it's so that they're more notable when you find them.

They're still outlandish/magical/physically impossible though, and that's what bothers me about them. I don't think it has to be that way, but it possibly requires a combat system with more nuance than they were willing to go for in FO4. Still, I'm doing what I can in WARS. (And hopefully it works out alright in the end.)

https://youtu.be/bzhjyvMun5U

Weird and kinda off topic but a gun like this in follout would fit well

With WARS at least, limited time means I'm sticking largely to more common weapons and weapon parts/configurations... rather than gun-show oddities that probably had their origin in people trying to make something "cool" that scrapes through whichever local gun laws. :wink:

Edited by antistar

Right now I'm putting together something special for the S&W M29 Revolver. (The ".44 Pistol".)

This is something I was planning on leaving until later, but on looking at the existing scope mount for the M29 (while doing its stats and whatnot) I realised I could use it to mount the LPC Laser Sight I made earlier. All I'd need would be the backup iron-sights on top. That's what I'm working on at the moment. The low and high-poly models are done; just need to do the UVs and textures. It's fairly small and simple; shouldn't take long.

One of the reasons I went for the LPC Laser Sight on the Mini-14 (also inspired by Beverly Hills Cop II, if you have a look around on that IMFDB page) is so I could use it on the M29 like this - and especially on the M1911, when I eventually get to that. The latest in 1980s technology.

Hey antistar, no offense but why were you choose Mini-14 to replace vanilla combat rifle? I personally prefer the Springfield M14, and Mini-14 could be the unique model for Overseer's Guardian or December's Child

Anyway, this is your choice, and I won't judge it

My guess is because finding a .30 caliber semi auto earlier than a .223 caliber one in a game with a realistic damage model would kind of wreck the balance/progression, even if the .223 was more adaptable. Plus the mini-14 is actually more common in the US due to it being marketed to police departments and civilians, whereas the M14 was mostly a military weapon.

Funny coincidence Antistar; the 1911 in the weights sheet I posted is actually the normal length version of Terminator's stainless longslide. I'm happy you're wanting to put that in; easily one of my favorite movie handguns.

It's pretty much exactly as kuzi127 says (and to be clear the "inspired by Beverly Hills Cop II" part was the LPC Laser Sight rather than the Mini-14). The Combat Rifle's general role in the game (weird .308 variant notwithstanding), its size and its wood and steel aesthetics all made the Mini-14 a good replacement, in my mind. The M14 on the other hand is more of a battle rifle. I do want a battle rifle in there at some point, but for now I'm leaning more towards an FN FAL since I've already got the Mini-14.

I am looking forward to getting a good M1911 (plus variants) in there - and the Hardballer Longslide (especially with the LPC Laser Sight on top) is a big part of that. As a bonus, the Hardballer in general works as a nice reference to the Hitman games. (Especially with a suppressor of course.)

To get; Black suit (With white shirt),blood-red tie,a chrome dome,and a barcode tattoo on the back of my character's head. Oh,and gloves.

I am nobody. I am everybody. Blend in like a true clone,end them,and collect the money.

Now,if only there were a way to actually be a hitman in Fallout 4.

Don't know if you would consider it, but how about also adding a M110 S.A.S.S.? I like this Chris Kyle memorial version I found. A foregrip would be cool too. It would nice as more of a tactical sniper rifle. Either that or the McMillan .338 that Chris Kyle also used.

http://www.onesixthstriker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/MSE-Chris-Kyle-M110-Rifle-Set-008.jpg

0b3c98aa804d46d2dc3b43f6cdcee58b.jpg