[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Not sure if Hitman reads this or if you could relay a friendly tip his way;

The upper body jolting at the end of the reload animation happens because of how animations are parsed into clips on runtime. The internal clip generator expects some empty frames of leeway after 'reloadEnd' and 'initiateStart' in order to perform a seamless blend to idle. By extending the animation 30 frames after the last annotations this hiccup can be avoided. The extension does not add to the length of the animation.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello antistar this year we will see some BETA or something similar of your mod? thank you, keep up the good work

Edited by ZOMKILL

Looks like the ammotweaks update will be out within the next week or so, super excited to take a look at it. Also, antistar, do you have any idea as to the expected file size for WARS? I'm curious how it'll compare to other big mods.

Not sure if Hitman reads this or if you could relay a friendly tip his way;

The upper body jolting at the end of the reload animation happens because of how animations are parsed into clips on runtime. The internal clip generator expects some empty frames of leeway after 'reloadEnd' and 'initiateStart' in order to perform a seamless blend to idle. By extending the animation 30 frames after the last annotations this hiccup can be avoided. The extension does not add to the length of the animation.

Thanks for the info; I've passed it on.

Hello antistar this year we will see some BETA or something similar of your mod? thank you, keep up the good work

I hope so of course, but as usual; please see the FAQ in the second post.

Looks like the ammotweaks update will be out within the next week or so, super excited to take a look at it. Also, antistar, do you have any idea as to the expected file size for WARS? I'm curious how it'll compare to other big mods.

Yep, pretty exciting. AmmoTweaks does a lot that I've wanted to be part of WARS all along - and that I'm glad that I don't have to do myself, since it's a lot of work. ;) Isathar has also kindly incorporated a number of suggestions and requests I've made, that... well my hope is that by and large they're good for AmmoTweaks itself too, but some of it is more aimed at helping me to get things the way I want in WARS specifically.

For example including a toggle in there so that the CND (condition) bar on the HUD that usually depletes as a weapon's condition worsens instead becomes a DIRT (... dirt) bar that fills up as a ranged weapon gets dirtier with use. My plan is to adapt the system in AmmoTweaks so that when a weapon gets too dirty, there's an increasing chance that it suffers damage, stepping down in condition level - in other words the receiver level. (Awful, Poor, Average, Good, Perfect.) You'll be able to prevent this by cleaning the weapon, but if you don't and it goes down (say) from Good to Average, all you can do at that point to "repair" it is craft or swap in a better receiver.

As for file-size, WARS is currently ~700 MB compressed. Lots of weapons, lots of attachments... lots of texture files. I'm not planning to add any more weapons for the initial release though, so v1.0 (and the beta version/s) should be somewhere around that size.

I have been following your work, and I have some questions:

How will the ammunition system work? Would it affect other standalone weapons mods?

which weapon should you replace the handmade rifle? AK 47 would make more sense, it is manufactured in USA.

I hope to eventually see an option to make WARs modular to whichever weapon mods you prefer, like maybe have modern-scifi-oldworld (like more wild-west style weapons and/or WWII ones) options; like in the far future of this mod, after you get everything want and have time to make new things. If this is already a thing, then thats awesome. Sorry haven't had time to go through all 146 pages of this topic (I've read to page 20 so far). Looks really cool.

Edited by Undeadbob666

Part of me is wondering if a USAS-12 rigged for full auto,loaded with FRAG-12,will be an altogether intelligent use of the weapon and resources...

I'd imagine it would be if you're facing down a horde of ferals the size of a city block. Other than that, probably not.

There's an AA-12 and FRAG-12 ammo in WMX-MW, and funnily enough, the big horde of feral ghouls outside the REPCONN test site is what I tested them on. ;) When actually playing the game I occasionally used FRAG-12 rounds on cazador swarms, too. It worked fairly well up until I inevitably missed one and it got right in my face in an instant; explosive weapons aren't great in close-quarters.

I included both HEAP and HEFA FRAG-12 rounds in WMX-MW - not sure if there are both in AmmoTweaks. It could be that HEAP rounds would be useful against power armour, vertibirds, particularly big robots and mutants, etc.

I have been following your work, and I have some questions:

How will the ammunition system work? Would it affect other standalone weapons mods?

which weapon should you replace the handmade rifle? AK 47 would make more sense, it is manufactured in USA.

The plan is to use the AmmoTweaks framework for switch-able ammo types, so you can find out more information there. In short though, mods need to be explicitly made to use AmmoTweaks - either by default or via a patch. The same goes for using other weapon mods alongside WARS, really; default support or a patch is required for things to make sense and work smoothly together.

It's possible to get really specific about what is an AK-47 and what is an AKM, but "Handmade AKM" is what that weapon is pitched as in WARS. It's been flipped horizontally, given appropriate animations (thanks to Hitman47101 and Ha_ru) and a proper wooden stock option (thanks to DeadPool2099) - along with some other changes - but it hasn't been replaced.

I hope to eventually see an option to make WARs modular to whichever weapon mods you prefer, like maybe have modern-scifi-oldworld (like more wild-west style weapons and/or WWII ones) options; like in the far future of this mod, after you get everything want and have time to make new things. If this is already a thing, then thats awesome. Sorry haven't had time to go through all 146 pages of this topic (I've read to page 20 so far). Looks really cool.

Making WARS modular - or giving it modular add-ons in addition to the main mod - is unlikely; I'm more keen on making everything work together as a cohesive whole. Having said that, later on I may make some support patches for certain third-party weapon mods - or maybe a single umbrella patch that would support (and require) a number of those weapon mods, in the interests of reducing the plugin count. I don't know exactly how I'll handle that yet.

And thanks. :)

Hey Antistar have you've seen this?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/126132

Does this weapon fit with your vision? If it does perhaps you should talk to the guy to see if you can implement it as a substitute for the pipe weapons. Btw i was wondering, now that the mod is at a more stable development stage, what can you tell us about compability? I'm used to making my own patches, but i wanted to know what complexity level i should expect. Anyway amazing as always, i check this thread almost everyday for updates, its really nice to see a mod slowly being shaped into reality, keep up the good work!

Edited by nexusguy