[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Bethsoft started showing footage of FO76, I was happy to see some more real-world weapons like the MG42 showing up, but at the same time I had that sinking feeling that they were going to do the same thing they always do with combat design. (E.g. "high DPS is scary to design around so let's just nerf per-shot damage on automatic weapons".)

Anyway; the reload animation for the SA80 L123A2 UGL is basically finished; I'm working on the sounds for it at the moment. I still need to do the third-person versions of the animations, but those shouldn't take too long. As before, I'll put up a video once it's all done.

Hey Antistar i got a question, i suppose you probably more acquainted with Isathar than us and since he blocked the comment section in the AmmoTweaks mod page and haven't posted nothing ever since, do you know if he is close to finishing the update? I'm actually looking foward to that mod too

I actually just heard from isathar and it sounds like it's coming along pretty well. Beyond that though, it's like Shana said there; it'd be pretty rude of me to share info about the status of a WIP mod that isn't mine. The update is looking pretty cool though; I hope he doesn't mind me saying that, at least. ;)

For my part, I'm working on the SA80 under-barrel grenade launcher third-person animations right now. Shouldn't take too long.

Hey Antistar i got a question, i suppose you probably more acquainted with Isathar than us and since he blocked the comment section in the AmmoTweaks mod page and haven't posted nothing ever since, do you know if he is close to finishing the update? I'm actually looking foward to that mod too

Oh sorry, i must have missed that

Nexusguy, Antistar has already stated in earlier comments that it's not really his place to be sharing any information on the AmmoTweaks update progress, in case you missed that comment, we're just gonna have to wait and be patient...which is not fun LOL XD.

Thanks, sorry if it looked like i was rushing things, definetely not, i really enjoy following the progress of mods

so like.. what is the eta om this? I got a bunch of weapon mods and they seem like more than enough. also found a decent jamming mod.

Do you have a page or youtube channel that shows progress and informs on intention?

I feel like people are always gonna release weapon mods, so creating one large mod for arr popular weapons is great, but will people still be playing when you finally release?

A lot of people just add the weapon mods they want and create patches if needed.

its not hard but a little time consuming to just pool all meshes and textures into one esp for yourself. along with balance values. I have been excited for this "mod" but unsure why it is taking so long?

hopefully it releases before the next fallout game is released.

*edit I know you are creating some custom animations. have yo considered releasing the mod and updating it as you go? that seems acceptable for major game devs currently?

Edited by Guest

Here's the SA80 L123A2 UGL in-game with its new launcher animations:

- SA80 L123A2 UGL animations

- SA80 15

- SA80 16

- SA80 17

- SA80 18

- SA80 19

The base SA80 animations are by Hitman47101, and the new launcher animations are by me. I'm currently still using Loads of Ammo for testing (this is what enables switching to and from the launcher), but the plan of course is to switch to AmmoTweaks prior to WARS' release.

Next up I'll be tying up some loose ends, probably doing some documentation, maybe some work on PEACE - and then onto the AmmoTweaks integration once its update is ready.

so like.. what is the eta om this? I got a bunch of weapon mods and they seem like more than enough. also found a decent jamming mod.

Do you have a page or youtube channel that shows progress and informs on intention?

I feel like people are always gonna release weapon mods, so creating one large mod for arr popular weapons is great, but will people still be playing when you finally release?

A lot of people just add the weapon mods they want and create patches if needed.

its not hard but a little time consuming to just pool all meshes and textures into one esp for yourself. along with balance values. I have been excited for this "mod" but unsure why it is taking so long?

hopefully it releases before the next fallout game is released.

*edit I know you are creating some custom animations. have yo considered releasing the mod and updating it as you go? that seems acceptable for major game devs currently?

You've asked very similar questions here before - and I answered you at the time - but again; the information you're looking for is in the first couple of posts in the thread.

WARS is taking a while because it's not just a weapon pack (and even if it was, 3D modelling, texturing and animation takes an awful lot of work); it's a weapon/combat overhaul. Again, more info on that in the first couple of posts.