[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hi Antistar,

Just to bring to your attention a very useful mod that I use that brings a few interesting items to the table:

Handmade Rifle Extension

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/31807

The author has included both a Grenade Launcher Cup muzzle attachment and a Yugo Spigot muzzle to the Handmade Rifle.
Its pretty neat.

This just as some additional reference reading material for you.

Thanks for all your endless sweat and toil.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like seeing a more detailed approach to AK parts - something including some of the (relatively) more weird and wonderful variants.

I don't know that I'd try to include similar things in WARS itself - at least not for the Handmade AKM - but it'd be cool to see compatibility patches for mods like that.

I wouldn't really blame you for sounding mean with the cringe comment there Antistar, for me a lot of the vanilla weapons were disappointing, especially since there was such a diverse and tangible variety in New Vegas.

The combat rifle and combat shotgun being virtually the same damn weapon, but what really made me cringe was the assault rifle, they essentially took an old WWII machine gun you'd expect to find at a machine gun nest, slapped a stock and a trigger grip on it and called it an assault rifle -_-

If I recall,the "Assault Rifle" combines elements from the Lewis Mk. II (Especially the water jacket),which was used on aircraft,and the MG42,on top of heavily fictionalized design. And this is because Bethesda wanted a gun that would look at home in the hands of a power armour unit. Protip,Bethesda; Autocannons. Also,Lonesome Road's Shoulder-Mounted Machine Gun. Bah,who am I fooling? Bethesda doesn't care anymore. Haven't for a while,now. Thankfully,Antistar's replaced that chunky abomination with the AR-15 and SA80.

Seriously hoping for a unique variant of the SA80 called the "Civil Servant" with the tooltip, "It doesn't work,and you can't fire it."

I agree with you that they probably designed it to better suit someone using power armour, but isn't that what the miniguns for, it just felt so contradicting to me since Fallout 3 had the R91, obviously heavily influenced by H&Ks G3 assault rifle, and the Chinese assault rifle which was obviously based off some Chinese type AK, put New Vegas assault carbine, marksman carbine and service rifle on top of that, well you see what I'm getting at lol.

Best response ever Moldy lol, and I agree, thankfully there are mod makers that pick up the pieces.

A number of the weapons in FO4 are over-sized. The power armour's big hands was the reason given for the vanilla Assault Rifle, and presumably it's the same with those other weapons.

The IMFDB article on Fallout 4 goes into some detail on just how much of a franken-gun the Assault Rifle is.

Seriously hoping for a unique variant of the SA80 called the "Civil Servant" with the tooltip, "It doesn't work,and you can't fire it."

I think this would be funny, but that people would be annoyed if I did that and the gun couldn't be fired, and also annoyed if I did that and the gun could be fired. ;)

I do already have a unique named SA80 in there: the "IL 86" - a STALKER reference.

Digging the stalker reference anti! I am still waiting for this patiently, I check back everyday.

Thanks - I'm currently taking the opportunity to work on PEACE while waiting for the AmmoTweaks update.

Actually for anyone who missed that, the PEACE WIP thread is here. I was planning to post a progress update on that today, but ran out of time. Hopefully in the next day or so? Kind of busy this week.

Actually,Antistar,I wonder; Is Lonesome Road's Shoulder-Mounted Machine Gun on your "Maybe" or "I would if I could" list? I really enjoyed that thing,in New Vegas.

I'm leaning pretty heavily towards real-world guns in WARS, so probably not on the shoulder-mounted minigun, sorry. ;)

What is ETA on this mod? Idk how long Modern Firearms took to make but this is obviously going to be much higher quality. I actually thought this mod was just a curation of other modders work and building a big variety of guns into one mod with permissions, But Idk, seems you are making them all yourself?

I don't follow this thread but it pops up often and I have a quick read. Hope it might come soon. I mainly keep visiting here because I enjoy messing around with mods, not really playing the game much, but I would like to eventually have one final playthru. I have never even visited the DLC worlds yet. lol.

A question for this ambitious mod of weapon collections; Do you plan to include Worn and damaged varieties like Horizon does? and instead of simply reduced damage for a damaged rifle, will you be introducing weapon jamming or at least increased bullet spread etc.