⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

I've found synths to be much more deadly with their upgraded pea-shooters. I tried doing the Arcjet quest and I was surprised by how quickly they can deal damage, I'll have to try again with more energy resistance and a bigger gun. This has only happened once to me so far, but while butchering some mole rats I had a cave cricket ambush and kill me before I could respond. I had made a save right before so I found it more amusing than anything else.

I'm working on a WARS patch for Munitions and once that's done there's a bunch of mods for weapons that have appeared in older Fallout games I want to make patches for.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed it immensely honestly the ammo crafting, the carry weight system and the physical mag system are great. I made a few patches that worked, for Sovereigns MK23 I have a working patch for the mk18 and its addons and have a patch for the MCX by subleader and its addons however they were based on my choice for magazines

@antistar the strength based carry weight bonus system of yours most definitely makes more sense, I've been considering that pack brahmin mod as a result, robots don't have pockets and while some of them have storage compartments I'm sure most of that is for their own stuff.

RE4 is definitely in my top 10 for games..not the best Resident Evil to me..but I do like how they introduced a new aspect of new pathogen, smarter foes, new horrifying monsters and maintained its survival horror roots. The remake kinda added to that with new enemies and a breakable freaking knife, and other stuff.

I've found synths to be much more deadly with their upgraded pea-shooters. I tried doing the Arcjet quest and I was surprised by how quickly they can deal damage, I'll have to try again with more energy resistance and a bigger gun. This has only happened once to me so far, but while butchering some mole rats I had a cave cricket ambush and kill me before I could respond. I had made a save right before so I found it more amusing than anything else.

I'm working on a WARS patch for Munitions and once that's done there's a bunch of mods for weapons that have appeared in older Fallout games I want to make patches for.

Yeah, synths - and robots generally - are noticeably more dangerous with WARS running. It's actually protectrons that have caught me by surprise a few times - the ones with dual auto-lasers. Deadly.

Ambushes while butchering are spawned at a random distance (and in a random direction) within a certain radius of the player, and I guess that can include right next to you. Most enemies have a bit of a buffer before they attack, though; drawing a weapon, displaying threat/alert behaviour - that sort of thing. Maybe cave crickets are especially quick off the mark.

And that's cool - always glad to hear about patches being made. :smile:

Wow I remember reading about this so many years ago. Wild that it's still going.

Tell me about it. Not long now though...

I have enjoyed it immensely honestly the ammo crafting, the carry weight system and the physical mag system are great. I made a few patches that worked, for Sovereigns MK23 I have a working patch for the mk18 and its addons and have a patch for the MCX by subleader and its addons however they were based on my choice for magazines

And again, the more patches the better; that's great. :smile:

Does the MCX have a lot of magazine options, then?

@antistar the strength based carry weight bonus system of yours most definitely makes more sense, I've been considering that pack brahmin mod as a result, robots don't have pockets and while some of them have storage compartments I'm sure most of that is for their own stuff.

You just need a good boxbot/cargotron. ;) The Cargotron torso piece gives the robot a lot of cargo capacity.

(This is actually my favourite shot of the Cargotron; it looks like it's walking very gingerly to avoid tipping right over.)

Hi anistar,Can I still take the test now ?

Yes - that would be great. I've sent you a PM with the link.

@antistar They're actually kind of adorable, they remind me of a particular robot/Droid from Star Wars..with arms and legs lol.

Aye there are 4 magazine entries for each magazine because he had 2 fast reload magazines and a double magazine that had different animations however the MK18 was far worse when it came to magazine options I had to make extra magazine keywords and it still didn't include every magazine option.

@antistar They're actually kind of adorable, they remind me of a particular robot/Droid from Star Wars..with arms and legs lol.

The Gonk Droid? Gotta love 1970s sci-fi. :laugh:

Excited to see that this has made it to beta. If you still need any more testers I'd be happy to help antistar.

That'd be great - thanks. I've sent you a PM with the link.

Aye there are 4 magazine entries for each magazine because he had 2 fast reload magazines and a double magazine that had different animations however the MK18 was far worse when it came to magazine options I had to make extra magazine keywords and it still didn't include every magazine option.

Oof, even with the extra MagType keywords I added for all the STANAG variants?

If those "fast reload" mags are like the "quick eject" mags in vanilla, my approach was to remove those from circulation obviously, so you could do the same. If instead they've got mag-pulls or something like in WARS, then yeah... I can see how that could blow out the number of magazine types available.