[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

First, thank you for caring about the XB1 users, second, i would like to make a suggestion about one of the legendary effects, two shot to be exact. I have read about and seen real life two shot weapons, but its not the gun its the ammunition, so my suggestion for the mod is to add what is called duplex ammunition as a rare ammo type to the game where theres two separate shots that deal decreased damage but allow for increased armor penetration and increased volume of fire. I have linked some articles about them if your intrested in the concept.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/duplex-22-06-m1-garand-at-ria/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Combat_Rifle (note, read the colt entry)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, thank you for caring about the XB1 users, second, i would like to make a suggestion about one of the legendary effects, two shot to be exact. I have read about and seen real life two shot weapons, but its not the gun its the ammunition, so my suggestion for the mod is to add what is called duplex ammunition as a rare ammo type to the game where theres two separate shots that deal decreased damage but allow for increased armor penetration and increased volume of fire. I have linked some articles about them if your intrested in the concept.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/duplex-22-06-m1-garand-at-ria/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Combat_Rifle (note, read the colt entry)

That's interesting; I hadn't heard of duplex rounds before. It's certainly possible... but pretty esoteric, so I don't know that I'd say it's likely to make it in. I'll think about it. :)

Hi Antistar how does your mod evolve? I hope you are well waiting for more news :-)

I just had the first in-game test of the Mossberg 590 today actually, and everything worked fine on the first attempt. It's always nice when that happens. I still need to align all the sights, but I should be able to show some screenshots soon.

I really wish they'd adopted the sight node method that FNV used; it's so much simpler than the trial and error method you have to use for FO4.

Here's the Mossberg 590 in-game:

- Mossberg 590 11

- Mossberg 590 12

- Mossberg 590 13

- Mossberg 590 14

- Mossberg 590 15

Note that - like several other weapons in WARS - under-barrel mods (like bayonets) can only be attached if there's actually room for them. Usually that requires something like a long barrel - here it requires the long magazine tube.

Next I think I'll merge in the M79, China Lake and Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle... or maybe fix up the Radium Rifle so it's a Volkssturmgewehr with the sci-fi junk as an optional attachment? Hmm.

DAM! That is nice right there. So a shotgun needs a giant scope like that? I mean its a shotgun ya know? Maybe if the ammo was slug rounds instead of spread maybe. I have always wondered why the animations so far for this kind of weapon have the user hand moving back behind the pump while firing and then moving to grab the pump to cycle the next round? Why not just leave the hand on the pump so there is less delay?

I'd imagine that,because the pump is a moving part,keeping a hold of it while in combat would negatively impact your aim. Further,you might accidentally pull the pump,thus accidentally ejecting a perfectly serviceable shell. Sorta like how professionals keep their fingers away from the trigger until it's actually time to pull it.

I thought it was just because the existing animations aren't suitable for a pump shotty since the vanilla game doesn't have any.

Shotgun pumps require a bit of force to cycle, much like trigger pull weight on a gun straight from the factory; unless you modify your gun yourself or have it custom made, triggers require several kilos of force (the factory Glock has a 2.7 kilo trigger pull weight - considered too light for some US police departments after several accidental discharge incidents.)

Basically, you'd have a hard time accidentally pumping your shotgun if you had your supporting hand on the pump all the time, unless you were somehow extremely careless.

EDIT: as an example, your run of the mill remington 870...you rack the pump like you hate/wanna break that s#*!. The things are built pretty damn well.

Edited by Bottletopman

DAM! That is nice right there. So a shotgun needs a giant scope like that? I mean its a shotgun ya know? Maybe if the ammo was slug rounds instead of spread maybe. I have always wondered why the animations so far for this kind of weapon have the user hand moving back behind the pump while firing and then moving to grab the pump to cycle the next round? Why not just leave the hand on the pump so there is less delay?

You don't have to put a long-range scope on it, but hey, maybe you'd want to if you were going to use slugs (which will be available in WARS via AmmoTweaks).

As for the position of the left hand in that grip, the animations were made by Hitman47101 for the Hunting Shotgun mod, which is of course referencing the "Hunting Shotgun" in Fallout New Vegas. That's how that weapon is gripped in FNV, so that may be why. That's just a guess on my part; you'd have to ask Hitman. :wink:

Oh, I should probably mention that the player does hold onto the pump when shooting in the first-person anims.

When it comes to the real thing though, I was watching this video on the Mossberg Shockwave recently, and at at least one point when the weapon was fired with one hand, you can see (and he comments) that the pump was forced back on its own by the recoil since it wasn't being held in place. I don't know if that's something that's only likely to happen on small shotguns like that one or what, but it does make it seem more like you'd normally want to hold onto the pump when shooting.

Edited by antistar

Hello Antistar I've seen your shotgun, I'm glad that you get it all to the first, would you dare with a Remington 870 tactical?

8329c4ef6aeea1c78cb32acd7dd8f66e--reminghttp://www.besttacticalshotgun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/perfect-870.jpghttp://www.rem870.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/remington870_tactical1.jpg

You don't have to put a long-range scope on it, but hey, maybe you'd want to if you were going to use slugs (which will be available in WARS via AmmoTweaks).

As for the position of the left hand in that grip, the animations were made by Hitman47101 for the Hunting Shotgun mod, which is of course referencing the "Hunting Shotgun" in Fallout New Vegas. That's how that weapon is gripped in FNV, so that may be why. That's just a guess on my part; you'd have to ask Hitman. :wink:

Oh, I should probably mention that the player does hold onto the pump when shooting in the first-person anims.

When it comes to the real thing though, I was watching this video on the Mossberg Shockwave recently, and at at least one point when the weapon was fired with one hand, you can see (and he comments) that the pump was forced back on its own by the recoil since it wasn't being held in place. I don't know if that's something that's only likely to happen on small shotguns like that one or what, but it does make it seem more like you'd normally want to hold onto the pump when shooting.

Slugs or not,though,shotguns are smoothbore. It won't be accurate at the ranges that a telescopic sight would be made for.