[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

So... I think it's plain as day that this mod would benefit from keypress detection support for custom hotkeys,yes?

I think the MCM will help.

Press a button to use underbarrel weapons. Press another to switch ammo types. And another to flick your tactical laser on and off. I'd imagine the MCM would be better for setting custom keybinds than mucking with an .INI file,yes?

I was pretty excited to see MCM for FO4 pop up. Good times.

The plan with WARS is to use the framework in AmmoTweaks for things like switching ammo types and switching to and from under-barrel weapons, so it may depend on how it's set up in that mod. I can't imagine hotkeys via MCM being out of the question, though.

I don't know if I'd have laser sights as toggle-able, however; it doesn't seem like it would add much in exchange for the extra complexity it would require.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will there be a beta version of the mod?I'm really looking forward to M16A1

The first release could probably be considered a beta of a sort since it'll likely need tweaking and re-balancing and whatnot somewhere - plus there'll be more content I want to add to it after that, of course.

Terms like alpha and beta (in the context of software) mean whatever people want them to mean these days, though. Which is why oxymorons like "pre-alpha gameplay" exist now. ;)

As per your original course; great work on the Mossberg.

It's when you see weapons like this that you realize how we got shortchanged originally on F4.

Thanks for your persistence at giving us a highly adequate set of lead distributors!

Thanks. :)

And yeah; I was happy to see the improvements Bethsoft made to the weapon systems in FO4, but very disappointed in what they actually did with those systems. Fortunately; mods!

will there be a beta version of the mod?I'm really looking forward to M16A1

The first release could probably be considered a beta of a sort since it'll likely need tweaking and re-balancing and whatnot somewhere - plus there'll be more content I want to add to it after that, of course.

Terms like alpha and beta (in the context of software) mean whatever people want them to mean these days, though. Which is why oxymorons like "pre-alpha gameplay" exist now. :wink:

As per your original course; great work on the Mossberg.

It's when you see weapons like this that you realize how we got shortchanged originally on F4.

Thanks for your persistence at giving us a highly adequate set of lead distributors!

Thanks. :smile:

And yeah; I was happy to see the improvements Bethsoft made to the weapon systems in FO4, but very disappointed in what they actually did with those systems. Fortunately; mods!

Mods make everything better.

On the topic of the USAS-12,though. What will the recoil be like? I ask,because the AA-12,a comparable weapon,has almost nonexistent recoil. There's an FPSRussia video where the titular host demonstrates the AA-12 by firing full auto,then,mid-volley,letting go of the forestock,and turning his head to look at the camera. The gun barely moves.

The buttstock isn't even braced against his arm!

Would the USAS-12 have similar recoil?

Oh yes, I remember that video - and I remembered the part you mention without having to watch it again. (I've got an AA-12 in optional add-ons for both WMK and WMX, so I've researched it before.)

He is compensating for recoil there, for what it's worth; you can tell by the way the weapon dips forward when he runs out of ammo. I don't know what it's really like to fire an AA-12, or how it would compare to a USAS-12. I think there will be a large element of "making it work for gameplay/balance/etc" to how recoil is handled (... so to speak) in WARS.

Oh yes, I remember that video - and I remembered the part you mention without having to watch it again. (I've got an AA-12 in optional add-ons for both WMK and WMX, so I've researched it before.)

He is compensating for recoil there, for what it's worth; you can tell by the way the weapon dips forward when he runs out of ammo. I don't know what it's really like to fire an AA-12, or how it would compare to a USAS-12. I think there will be a large element of "making it work for gameplay/balance/etc" to how recoil is handled (... so to speak) in WARS.

is it worth waiting for release in the near future?

There's some bad news for XB1 users hanging out for WARS... well, I just updated the FAQ in the second post, so I'll quote that here:

Q) Will this mod be released on XB1?

A) I had planned to release WARS on XB1, but that's looking unlikely at this point, unfortunately. AmmoTweaks is slated to be a requirement for WARS, and AmmoTweaks itself will probably not be available on XB1 as it requires MCM and F4SE (or will soon). I'm told that A "lite" version of AmmoTweaks without those requirements is possible but uncertain at this stage. In addition, WARS will be a fairly large mod - hundreds of MB, maybe even over a GB - and with the shockingly restrictive 2GB limit that XB1 users are saddled with, the full mod will likely be impractical for many XB1 users. It's possible that WARS could be altered into a lite version that doesn't require AmmoTweaks, and could also be divided up into modular parts (e.g. one weapon per download), but those would be alternate versions, and I don't have time for that myself, like I said above. Maybe someone else would, though. The permissions should be there for that to happen.

So that's why. Apologies to any XB1 users that have been hanging out for WARS. If you've asked me about this in the past though, I have probably already mentioned the potential file-size issue, at least - as well as the "hell is alternate versions" issue.

Edited by antistar