[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Here's the Barrett M107 in Substance Painter:

- Barrett M107 01

- Barrett M107 02

- Barrett M107 03

- Barrett M107 04

- Barrett M107 05

To recap, this is using Syn's amazing Barrett 50 cal resource, with some changes by me as usual. Minor ones this time; mainly I gave it a front sight post for the flip-up iron-sights as the resource didn't have one, and touched up the textures on the carry handle and .50 BMG rounds. I made the M107A1 Muzzle Brake and QDL Suppressor from scratch myself, though.

Yes, the QDL Suppressor really is that huge. They're actually designed to clamp onto the M107A1 Muzzle Brake. I probably could set it up in-game so that you could only attach the QDL Suppressor if you had that muzzle brake attached, but I don't think I'll bother - to make things simpler for the player.

The barret is insane, we need a 12.7 to distribute justice for the lands of FO4, good work :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. :)

Suddenly,I want to see a 12.7mm rifle in WARS. I realize it'd be nigh-identical to the Barrett,but... C'mon. There's ALWAYS been a war between the Bear and the Eagle. Meanwhile,the Beaver looks on,utterly confused...

I was a bit confused there for a moment because .50 BMG is a 12.7mm round; it's 12.7x99mm NATO. But yeah, you mean like 12.7x108mm I guess. Probably not something I'd have time for, I'm afraid. ;)

Oh, definitely replacing the chopped stock with just having the stock detached. I don't know what Bethsoft were thinking there. It's easier than what they did, makes sense, and is more visually striking, I think.

Incidentally I'm still planning to use the meshes sgtbarney kindly contributed to the project to replace the vanilla Tommy Gun meshes/textures. I'll need to texture them up and all that, so that's planned for some time after the initial release.

wow i saw this thread a year ago and it's still going. It's a good thing to have modders working hard and supporting community.

Well it's certainly hard work; that's why it's a year later and it's not finished yet. ;)

What about minigun?After tweaking that,it would be another BFG stuff in the game,which would definitely break the game if it ramains easily accessable in the early game.

Just had an argument on this thing with others this morning.

This has come up a number of times in the thread; search the thread for "minigun" and you should find the earlier conversations.

Basically it'll be tricky, but I'll do my best. I'm planning to change 5mm to a bulk .308 round and boost the minigun's damage, but also give it high weight, high recoil, a high STR requirement if that works out, etc. Thinking about it more, having it require a lot of maintenance via AmmoTweaks' durability feature might work well too.

wow i saw this thread a year ago and it's still going. It's a good thing to have modders working hard and supporting community.

Well it's certainly hard work; that's why it's a year later and it's not finished yet. :wink:

What about minigun?After tweaking that,it would be another BFG stuff in the game,which would definitely break the game if it ramains easily accessable in the early game.

Just had an argument on this thing with others this morning.

This has come up a number of times in the thread; search the thread for "minigun" and you should find the earlier conversations.

Basically it'll be tricky, but I'll do my best. I'm planning to change 5mm to a bulk .308 round and boost the minigun's damage, but also give it high weight, high recoil, a high STR requirement if that works out, etc. Thinking about it more, having it require a lot of maintenance via AmmoTweaks' durability feature might work well too.

A weapon with that many moving parts? Oh yeah,that thing's gonna need a LOT of maintenance to keep working properly.