Real 1st Person view (WIP)

3AMt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news everyone. I managed to add the missing bones to the 1stperson skeleton. The forsworn armor and others are looking way better now. :) The files are updated.

Can someone here do me a favor? I've tested around with the horse bug and it's somehow connected with the savegames, I can load an very old save with the mod active and it works fine, but with a new save the cam stuck in the ground. I want to find out what causes the bug or better, under which circumstances it appears. At the moment I have no Idea where to start with (I've tried so much already). So I thought someone here may test it with some of his savegames, may this helps me to get in the right direction.

Edited by 3AMt

When an npc finishes you will that stay in first person too instead of switching to third person?

When an npc finishes you will that stay in first person too instead of switching to third person?

no, it will switch. I'll try to find a way to completely avoid those switches. But I'm not sure if it's even possible.

what did you do, did you add a full body mesh to the 1st person meshes and made a custom skeleton? Just curious.

Anyways, it looks great, well done! :)

The 1st person meshes are not needed anymore, it uses the same meshes like the 3rd person does. The skeleton has been edited to match the 3rd person skeleton as close as possible, I've added new bones and relinked nearly the complete structure. Attached the camera to the eye bone. I've switched and renamed the animations (Can't remember how many files) and all this in trail and error process.

Okay, I'll be honest: I've seen requests for and attempts at first-person bodies like this, and never really saw the point. I clicked on this thread only because I'm sitting here at work, bored while I wait on Windows Update to finish, and I'd already read all the threads that were actually interesting. I was expecting something that, yes, looked good, but nothing that I really wanted for my games.

Then I took an arrow to the knee saw your screenshots and videos, and suddenly I'm cursing every first-person game ever made that didn't include this. The immersion is just so much more there when you can look down and see your own boobies body like you would in real life!

I commend your work, and am now eagerly awaiting a solid release of probably the one mod I was least interested in!