⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Real 1st Person view (WIP)

3AMt

Yup :)

I've been doing a lot of messing with this over the past few weeks. I'm pretty convinced that a lot of this mods issues stem from cam being attached to the head. Using NifScope you can remove this attachment and the cam is way less shakey. The problem is that the cam track then seems to be broken. Meaning the walk animations are great but anything that lowers your characters body is broken (you see a headless body because the cam doesn't lower). This is why I assume the mods creator attached the camera to the eye socket in the first place.

I guess if the cam is left attached to the eye socket the 1st person animations will need changing to lower the extent of head/body movements/rotations (giving you a more playable solution). If you remove the cam attachment then to fix the headless body problem you would need to raise the 1st person animations so that the neck line is in a similar position to that of the walk animation. This actually looks a lot better than one may imagine.

Out of personal curiosity I've loaded the animations in 3DS Max 2012 and messed with the animations to raise the body. My theory seems sound but when ever I export the animations from Max and load them up in skyrim the characters arms are completely deformed and misshapen if any weapon is equipped, particularly noticeable for the shield which actually rotates 180 degrees if equipped. I'd love to know what would fix this but I'm darned

If I can figure it out.

Looks like some part of the export process is screwing up the animation which is shame as I think I could fix sneak, 1h walk&run for start if I knew how to correct this problem.

Edited by CylonSurfer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of personal curiosity I've loaded the animations in 3DS Max 2012 and messed with the animations to raise the body. My theory seems sound but when ever I export the animations from Max and load them up in skyrim the characters arms are completely deformed and misshapen if any weapon is equipped, particularly noticeable for the shield which actually rotates 180 degrees if equipped. I'd love to know what would fix this but I'm darned

If I can figure it out.

Looks like some part of the export process is screwing up the animation which is shame as I think I could fix sneak, 1h walk&run for start if I knew how to correct this problem.

That's exactly the reason why the animations hasn't been edited for now. I'm pretty sure there is a way, but I just can't figure it out :(

I have my animations fixed and exporting correctly now. Well they appear to be working in game to say the least, 1h walk, run and idle appear fine in game with no distortion. Will do some real testing later.

@3AMt - I'll drop you a pm with export process I'm using from max 2012 to .hk when I get back from work, maybe a copy of the work so far as well.

• 1 month later...

Very nice mod, I have a suggestion though. Is it at all possible to have the body show underneath the character, but not the arms - and still have the "arms overlay" using the first person animations? That way you could look down and see your body but the view sway would be the same as normal first person, and the animations wouldn't be hard to see (3rd person fighting anims are very quick and not too noticeable in first person) and bow aiming would work fine.

Unless you plan on fixing all these things and making it like a game that has a Full-Body-Awareness system. Also another suggestion if it's not already in, could you make it so when your character gets knocked off his feet the view stays in first person? I love first person ragdolls

Hi folks! A few ideas (disregard ideas if already suggested):

Concerning excessive camera movements, try attaching the camera to the head bone, but keeping its rotation independent of the head bone. That way the camera won't spin like crazy during first-person melee power attacks (at least I hope) but it will still be lowered when the player crouches for stealth etc. Some tweaking might likely be needed, however, to keep the player model facing in the same direction as the camera again after scripted animations like power attack spins are completed (something like turning the player model along its z axis at a quick fixed rate until its forward direction aligns with camera forward direction again, I dunno).

Concerning first-person horse riding etc, I think the titular mod accomplishes this by somehow making first-person view just another third-person view but with the camera distance to the head bone very small. Perhaps something similar can be done when not horse riding as well; that way first-person models might not even be needed for "first-person" since it mechanics-wise is just another third person view (maybe you are already doing this). Precision animations like archery aiming might suffer from this, however; I doubt the Bethesda third person bow aiming animations align sufficiently with the player's actual aim direction. If so perhaps a third-person torso-and-legs is best afterall, combined with the original first-person arms and weapon models as Bloodshot12 suggested.

Finally, respect for making this mod and releasing so early with so far impressive results. Of course there is some ways to go with tedious details tweaking and alternative ideas testing before everything is fully ready for smooth playing, but judging by what has been accomplished already the result is certainly worth it! Finally Elder Scrolls adventurers can see their own feet for increased immerson, something I find every first-person game since Dark Messiah/Thief Deadly Shadows ought to have but many still lack even 7 years later. Heck, Jurassic Park Trespasser had first-person player models in 1998 almost 14 years ago when hardware accelerated graphics were still in their infancy!

Anyway, rant over, keep up the good work! Endorsed.

Edited by Sjakal

Here I found a good news!!!

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=32753

Bethesda has released the debut trailer of Arkane Studios' Dishonored

As you may know... Arkane Studios made Arx Fatalis... back in time there in 2005 I cant remember exactly. This game, used to be like Dark Messiah (this one is newer) both games had the Real 1st Person View included :-)

So... may be Bethesda learns something about real 1st person view :-x (ups... dont ban me Bethesha)

• 4 weeks later...

Where do I move/rename the 1stperson files to, so that I can see custom clothing/armour also? The help with the mod says about renaming the 3rd person file to 1st person, but doesn't provide locations and I can't find any files of this nature in any directories.

So for e.g.

I use 'Project Sikerei sexy japanese clothes' mod for CBBEv3, let's say the 'Yume' style. This places *.nif' files in the location:

<blah>skyrim\data\meshes\sekirei\Yume

named:

Yume_0.nif

Yume_1.nif

If I use this 1st person mod and go naked, the CBBE mod works perfectly. Otherwise, all custom mod clothing and armour is invisible. What do I do for this custom clothing to appear when 1st person?

Ta.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Awesome mod. Good work. I always enjoyed 1st person view when you see a player's body - it makes you feel more natural.

When do you plan to make the next version of this mod? Does it going to contain horse riding fix?

Regards