Real 1st Person view (WIP)

3AMt

I wish I could get used to it, its just to jumpy atm. I look forward to the day this mod works well, its great even as an alpha release. Just walking around, soaking up the views is great with this mod enabled, it ups the immersion ten fold.

One positive though, version 7 of the first person horse mod seems to fix the riding issue using this mod creates. No more looking at hooves!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could get used to it, its just to jumpy atm. I look forward to the day this mod works well, its great even as an alpha release. Just walking around, soaking up the views is great with this mod enabled, it ups the immersion ten fold.

One positive though, version 7 of the first person horse mod seems to fix the riding issue using this mod creates. No more looking at hooves!!

How has it fixed it for you? I've tried all versions and there wasn't any difference. It has been reported before that the horse bug don't effects all savegames.

Couple of questions.

But first, let me endorse mod not only by "endorse button".

Your mod provide the best atmosphere immersion since.. i dont know what.

It is kinda unplayable now. But im sure you will fix it through mod development

And questions.

1) Is there any solution to this kind of problem - I made a female character (vanilla non-nude) but while i have no clothes and look down i see only boots and arms.

No body at all. Have no problems with male character though.

2) Is it possible to have adequate "real first-person view" with (any) nude mod installed?

P.S. Im really sorry. English is not my native language.. not at all.

Edited by trolleyboss

1) Is there any solution to this kind of problem - I made a female character (vanilla non-nude) but while i have no clothes and look down i see only boots and arms.

No body at all. Have no problems with male character though.

2) Is it possible to have adequate "real first-person view" with (any) nude mod installed?

P.S. Im really sorry. English is not my native language.. not at all.

First, thank you very much for your support :) To answer you questions:

1) Which race are you playing? There is a problem with male high elves sometimes as there are "body 1" and "body 2" However I can't show up both and well you know what happens. The solution would be to load these body parts dynamically with a function, however. But only had these problems with male characters so I really would like to know which race you are.

2) Yes, I haven't tried any one of this, but theoretically (and as users have reported) most of them (maybe everyone) should work.

Well I've stumbled across a temporary fix for the exessive head movement while running. It is crude, but it does the job until the mods creator comes up with a better solution. I can take no credit for this, its the work of a forum member over on the bethsoft forums by the name of exscape.

"To be clear, this is a hack, and not a very pretty one at that. It might screw things up, cause instability, etc; however, the worse case scenario should be nothing more than having to delete the folder we create among the last steps."

1) Extract latest release of this mod. Go to meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\animations

2) Copy all files that match *walk*.hkx (do a search or something; I used the command line) to some other temporary folder (I just made one on the desktop)

3) Mass-rename the copied files, and replace all occurances of "walk" with "run". For example, the file "1hm_1stp_walk.hkx" would be renamed to "1hm_1stp_run.hkx". Do this for ALL the copied files. Google to find some utility for this (I used a script on my Linux computer, so I don't have any recommendations).

4) And, finally, replace the files in the extracted mod folder with all the files from step 3.

So, to be clear, you copy the "walk" animations (which have 0 bobbing) and replace the "run" animations with them, so that the same animations are used for running.

I hope this helps some of you out until a better fix comes along.

@trolleyboss - I use the UNP Female bodies mod, works a treat with this mod.

Edited by CylonSurfer

@ CylonSurfer: So you use the original 1st person walking animations for running now, am I getting this right. The problem is that there is no animated body and the camera position gets f***ed with the 1st person animations as I use an other skeleton.nif and skeleton.hkx file than the original game. If you use the 3rd person walking animations, there would be much more disturbing movement if the animation is played faster. At least that's what I've discovered Edited by 3AMt

@ CylonSurfer: So you use the original 1st person walking animations for running now, am I getting this right. The problem is that there is no animated body and the camera position gets f***ed with the 1st person animations as I use an other skeleton.nif and skeleton.hkx file as the original game. If you use the 3rd person walking animations, there would be much more disturbing movement if the animation is played faster. At least that's what I've discovered

Sorry, let me be more precise. I took your release and unzipped it. I then followed the instructions in my previous post, applying the core method to your files. Basically swapping your 1st person run animations with the 1st person walk animations.

Like I say its very crude. During my testing I ran around my home in Solitude with no head bob at all, when I look down the character model appears to be doing a 'very fast walk' but the camera is at least smooth. By no means a fix but a sufferable compromise from my point of view until your anticipated next release :)

Regarding the horse riding fix. I apply your mod. I then apply the 1st person horse riding mod (version 7). I just tested again after messing in the nexus mod manager. If I remove your mod then re-apply it, horse riding is broken, even with the riding mod in place. If I remove both, then re-apply in the order above, horse riding is fixed and in 1st person view.

I am loading from a save with working 1st person horse riding and standard 1st person view (although I cant be certain I have not saved with your mod applied in the past). Did you try the 'entering and exiting a dungeon' fix?

I never play in 3rd person. I'm using a 3D HMD with head tracking, hence my interest in your mod - congrats by the way, the alpha rocks!

EDIT: I'm also using your skeleton files. Orginal post edited to be more clear.

Edited by CylonSurfer

First, thank you very much for your support :)

You totally deserve it!

1) Which race are you playing? There is a problem with male high elves sometimes as there are "body 1" and "body 2" However I can't show up both and well you know what happens. The solution would be to load these body parts dynamically with a function, however. But only had these problems with male characters so I really would like to know which race you are.

Emperial and nord . And I can make a screen-shot if you need it.

2) Yes, I haven't tried any one of this, but theoretically (and as users have reported) most of them (maybe everyone) should work.

That's really neat!

No one else seems to have pointed this out, so maybe it's just me, but my casting is very hard to aim. I'm using your skeleton and cylon surfer's fix, if that makes a difference. I'm afraid I don't know as much about modding as I'd like. Here's a screenshot: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/486625304117170687/4CCEDDE720C7AB18E6BB3D360D2085B7B5A64101/

- edit -

cyclonsurfer's method doesn't work anymore when i changed a cell. the horse cam seem to reset to real 1st view when changing a cell. or could be said that when a save data from real 1st is actually loaded the horsefp cam is broken again. :whistling:

cyclonsurfer was right about horse fix thing. you should first remove whole files from real 1st view. then make a save with horsefp active(must be the script version), then install real 1st again. horse riding is no more broken this way. :thumbsup:

Edited by x2tuna