BioWare: Next Dragon Age Will Draw From Skyrim

JimboUK

If the DAII team is behind the new instalment, it probably will be as goofy and superficial as the last one.

Also, the development time will be a sure indicator if it's anything worth looking at. Only a minor detail, but they still don't seem to be able to make animated bowstrings - at least judging by that picture.

DAO was highly addictive, but as far as I know they spent several years in development before EA could leave its footprint on their franchise. Given the mass market approach of EA and their constant mantra of capturing the COD crowd, I haven't got high hopes concerning future Bioware titles. I will have a look at Mass Effect though, since I played and enjoyed the previous titles. But I will look and certainly not buy before I have seen a whole lot of it.

Bioware will get it right next time. I also don't see why people hate DA2 so much. I beat DA2 about five times. I only beat Origins once.

That's different tastes for you. The ovedone hack and slash approach, complete with exploding bodies, was enough for me to put it aside.

Edited by abaris

Bioware will get it right next time. I also don't see why people hate DA2 so much. I beat DA2 about five times. I only beat Origins once.

Also, I've also seen a lot of "Skyrim is bad" topics. Why would Bioware copy from Skyrim if lots think it is bad? (I personally think it is as good as Morrowind)

DA2 takes place in ONE City.

DA1 took place in several cities and the entire map of the countryside.

Did you see the Copy and Paste Dungeons in DA2?

90% of the time you were in the exact same dungeon as before, but some doors were sealed off and new ones were opened, and they didn't even bother to hide all the area of the dungeon you could see on your map but couldn't get to because it was supposed to be "A different dungeon", yet the map was EXACTLY the same as the last one.

Enemies spawning right out of thin air was another reason DA2 gets a thumbs down from me.......an RPG that respawns stuff right in front of you during a fight?

And I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand some of the awful stereotypical "ripped from manga/anime Final Fantasy cliche companion characters" like that whiny skinny angst-ridden guy with the runes all over him with the gigantic sword......I never used him because of that.

Did you ever think that you beat DA2 Five Times because there wasn't much to the game story-wise and that it was just a quick button-masher you could plow through in a few hours?

DA had a long involved story and wasn't a button masher, that's the reason you beat DA once, because it's a long involved game that takes a long time to work through the entire epic story.

DA2 is more of an action game than an RPG, and can be finished relatively quickly, that's why you managed to go through it 5 times.

Yes, I agree that there are a lot of things in the game that make it... worse. That didn't stop me.

I'm just more of an action player than an RPG-er.