Help a tech-challenged grandma!

dragonwife

I just downloaded the Skyrim SE unofficial patch (hoping it will cure the Dawnbreaker death fall glitch) but can find no way to activate/run/install it. I'm on a PC with Windows 10. How do I get the patch to take root in my game? I tried "run" but all it does is open the file to notepad.

Hi, did you download the patch with nexus mod manager (NMM) or manually? If using NMM then you need to go to the Mods tab, select the patch and click the green check mark, that will install the mod. If you downloaded the file manually then you need to extract the contents of the archive into the skyrim Data folder (so go into steam/steamapps/common/skyrim special edition/data and put the files there.) If you are newer to modding then I suggest using a mod manager like NMM since that will make downloading and installing mods much easier for you.

As MDFeelGood said, but here is a video that can help you to understand modding a little bit better. He goes from beginner to somewhat advanced. Keep in mind this is for normal Skyrim. Perhaps he made an SE version, but I don't know. He uses NMM in SSE anyways, so it should still help you with a basic understanding of NMM and (later when they are done with it) installing SKSE