Problems with embedding Youtube Videos

DragonBoon

The title says it. I'm experiencing problems that whenever I embed a link or videolink into the mod description and update the description, the links seem to disappear and not working anylonger. This always happens when I put in new links or manipulate the links put in earlier...here's and example:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4783

I had to put the youtube link beneath the video that seems to have been disappeared, though the link is still there when opening the description.

• 4 weeks later...

To quote Zaldiir from a post in the modders forums

YouTube videos should work in the description like this:

['youtube]4WTMZr_FLgc['/youtube] (Only include the video url, not the entire url - and without the ' obviously.)

• 2 years later...

Does anyone care to provice a list of these, so that us new guys will know how to use live vids and links? Thanks in advance.

A list of 'what'? The BB-code tags? There 'was' a list around somewhere, mentioning what is enabled and what isn't, but I can't even remember anymore 'where' I found it, nor will it be of much use, if IP.Board frameworks keep changing these with every update, totally outside of Nexus control or even awareness mostly.

However, currently on the file sites there's only the "youtube" tag as mentioned above, taking only the video code parameter from a YouTube url,

while on the forums side there's only the "media" tag, taking entire urls to the resources, as those aren't even limited to only YouTube either.

(Geez, there's a massive bunch of "Special BBCode" tags available on the forums! I didn't even know of the existance of most of them until now! This 3rd button on the top left of the post editor really is a treasure chest of surprises.)

Hmm, I didn't know that, Jim. I did know about the YouTube tags though.

Regarding YouTube and media tags, there was a thread about that a while back in the Mod Authors forum, if you have access there. Otherwise, I posted a bit some time ago about BBCode (and the differences in how it's expressed in the forums and in the Images and Files sections) in both an image comment and a post in the Mod Authors forum.