[WIP] Sexy Maids of Skyrim

EnterSevenSeven

Pazarath will still be available after the main questline is completed. I haven't decided whether it will be a player home, but I did have it in mind when the cell was first created.

The fortress is being used by Lilith in Ep. III as she doesn't want to return to the Palace. Pazarath will be a minor setting for the remainder of the story, but its history and lack of security will be brought up again in a future episode.

SMSMQ08 - "The Anomaly" has been completed, the second of six quests in Episode III. This quest has taken the most time to develop out of all the quests in M2 so far due to the added dungeon, which will be the third largest cell/worldspace by the time the mod is completed.

I'm close to the halfway point in quest design. The remaining quests will not require as expansive of a dungeon like the one in "The Anomaly", but they will be more complex in terms of dialogue and choices.

Edited by Enter_77

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, so im doing a replay of the whole thing, just to see how much i missed and if random choices effect that much. came across two problems i thought could be reportable. firstly after marcus dies and you kill the kahjit, walsh never enters the building. its easy to get around by doing a player.placeatme, though im unsure if the problem is on my end since i do have an overloaded script engine half the time. Secondly i have the home in markarth but im not a thane (so i dont have a housecarl) but when i had kasia stay there the dialog option for housecarl showed up even though i dont have one.

im currently investigating a problem iv just hit, after dinner with kasia/matari i didnt get a flag to go to the armory and start the mission to visit all the camps. furthermore the dialog options for sirens walking around speak as though iv finished the mission already (including the commander who gives it - tricia?). this didnt happen my first play through so im positive the problem is on my side, ill post what i find later.

edit1: so i loaded a save from the nightmare and went through dinner again, this time i followed kasia... all the way back to markarth lol. ill load an older save and send her back to jonestead, see if its just a conflict with markarth.

edit2: had to run skse through dinner to get it to trigger the next quest. also to be noted i was using: ValkyrieRace_0_0_4out_fx5 - ValkyrieRace_0_0_4out_fx5 - that conflicts with skse so i had to change race as well, so its possible the race mod was causing the problem (which i found kinda odd). the location of kasia's workplace was irrelevant(i checked markarth and riften with skse enabled/ didnt work without skse at riften). the walsh issue could be fixed with skse as well, since it happened both times (first time i was just a nord), but id have to start a new game again to check since i dont have a save that far back haha.

"Required

-- None --

Semi-Required

These are only required for certain installations and optional features

1) Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)

Required only if the following SKSE plug-in, Silent Voice, will be used to play unvoiced NPC lines.

NOTE Some users have reported fixing CTD and quest advancement issues by installing SKSE. Even if Silent Voice will not be used, installing SKSE is still highly recommended." - mod page 1/31/2013

ill keep running without skse untill i hit more problems (if any) after all, how many people play this without a crap ton of other mods on already haha. i remember reading somewhere you didnt want anything to be required with maid II deception to run it (aside from vanilla skyrim) so ill leave that topic as it is.

ah i might also recommend adding the subtitles "(...)" or something similar for the assassins, had me confused until i spoke with their trainer. lol thought they were broke x_x

holy editsauce... ill keep going through the quests - went through about 4 hours of trolling to get through dinner properly @_@ so now i can check the camps.

Edited by sithrein

ah, so im doing a replay of the whole thing, just to see how much i missed and if random choices effect that much. came across two problems i thought could be reportable. firstly after marcus dies and you kill the kahjit, walsh never enters the building. its easy to get around by doing a player.placeatme, though im unsure if the problem is on my end since i do have an overloaded script engine half the time.

Did Kristy teleport to the house correctly?

I haven't run into the issue, but avoid using PlaceAtMe again. This function creates a copy of Walsh and could cause problems in a future episode unless the cloned Walsh is deleted with MarkForDelete.

Secondly i have the home in markarth but im not a thane (so i dont have a housecarl) but when i had kasia stay there the dialog option for housecarl showed up even though i dont have one.

Thank you. I'll go ahead and try to fix that. I didn't know the housecarl had to be acquired separately when buying a house.

im currently investigating a problem iv just hit, after dinner with kasia/matari i didnt get a flag to go to the armory and start the mission to visit all the camps. furthermore the dialog options for sirens walking around speak as though iv finished the mission already (including the commander who gives it - tricia?). this didnt happen my first play through so im positive the problem is on my side, ill post what i find later.

edit1: so i loaded a save from the nightmare and went through dinner again, this time i followed kasia... all the way back to markarth lol. ill load an older save and send her back to jonestead, see if its just a conflict with markarth.

edit2: had to run skse through dinner to get it to trigger the next quest. also to be noted i was using: ValkyrieRace_0_0_4out_fx5 - ValkyrieRace_0_0_4out_fx5 - that conflicts with skse so i had to change race as well, so its possible the race mod was causing the problem (which i found kinda odd). the location of kasia's workplace was irrelevant(i checked markarth and riften with skse enabled/ didnt work without skse at riften). the walsh issue could be fixed with skse as well, since it happened both times (first time i was just a nord), but id have to start a new game again to check since i dont have a save that far back haha.

"Required

-- None --

Semi-Required

These are only required for certain installations and optional features

1) Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)

Required only if the following SKSE plug-in, Silent Voice, will be used to play unvoiced NPC lines.

NOTE Some users have reported fixing CTD and quest advancement issues by installing SKSE. Even if Silent Voice will not be used, installing SKSE is still highly recommended." - mod page 1/31/2013

ill keep running without skse untill i hit more problems (if any) after all, how many people play this without a crap ton of other mods on already haha. i remember reading somewhere you didnt want anything to be required with maid II deception to run it (aside from vanilla skyrim) so ill leave that topic as it is.

It could be an oddity caused by having too much script activity. There have been reports before that removing specific mods resolved issues even though they were fully compatible.

ah i might also recommend adding the subtitles "(...)" or something similar for the assassins, had me confused until i spoke with their trainer. lol thought they were broke x_x

holy editsauce... ill keep going through the quests - went through about 4 hours of trolling to get through dinner properly @_@ so now i can check the camps.

I'll go ahead and add that. One of the assassins besides the instructor does talk, though. Olivia should offer shop and training services around midnight in the dormitory freezer.

A timeline has been added to the original post detailing all major events in the Maids storyline. This document is used for development. Only events, births, and deaths that could be considered spoilers for future episodes have been removed.

Edited by Enter_77

View Postsithrein, on 31 January 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

ah, so im doing a replay of the whole thing, just to see how much i missed and if random choices effect that much. came across two problems i thought could be reportable. firstly after marcus dies and you kill the kahjit, walsh never enters the building. its easy to get around by doing a player.placeatme, though im unsure if the problem is on my end since i do have an overloaded script engine half the time.

I haven't run into the issue, but avoid using PlaceAtMe again. This function creates a copy of Walsh and could cause problems in a future episode unless the cloned Walsh is deleted with MarkForDelete.

------------------------------------

havent used forums much, dont know how to make a quote box haha - so i copy pasted.

anyway, no... only knew she was supposed to be there because she was mentioned in dialog, her presence didnt effect the play though much so i didnt mess with it.

also i was unaware placeatme created a copy, iv only come across one walsh since i used it...what happened to the first one? (i dont expect you answer lol)

i would assume both the copy and the original would behave the same, thus if they would normally wait at the bridge at a specific time both would be there. unless the game autopops copies related to quests at some point, still wouldnt make sense though so many characters with the same name. (guards/soldiers)

ah one more spot that skse fixed was the command post of pazarath during the attack. when i opened the locked door the crazy purity guy (lol forgot his name already) verbally ordered his guards to attack me but just stood there. (having played through it already i knew he was supposed to run). had to run skse from the autosave from entering the floor.

Random thing...and im not sure if its a problem, during kasia's seduction training when you walk into the bar you get an optional quest object to interrupt them. with or without skse i was unable to. *shrugs* if i shot the guy in the face with an arrow i lost 3 friendship points though lol.

and final thing, though it felt it was done on purpose based on context: kasia 'agrees' to go see the sirens (just after the death of marcus) but wont actually do anything until you have her move out of jonestead. perhaps edit the dialog to show we wont go meet the sirens until she has settled in somewhere?

*whew* finished the second play through

things i liked! :

the dream was something i totally blew threw my first time, i was playing a character that liked kasia so my answers were obvious. however the second time i was only doing the friend route so i attempted to decline and learned that the dream was soooo much more in depth than i thought, the books and reactions to your defiance were so interesting to see knowing a bit of the future. and even the following dialog had a stunningly different take, i really enjoyed replaying that.

being a jerk to Freya led to some hilarious conversations, i ignored her in my first playthrough most of the time... regretfully. and whoever voiced freya did a dmn good job. though it did freak me out that her voice popped up on another character from another mod, thought freya had come to kill me for killing Misha.(callan- nightgale inn)

and my most favorite character of all...Talia, getting drunk every other stop LOL. get orders to get info from the informant and guess whos already in the tavern! haha best comic relief ever. but also had the dual role of shedding a bit of light on how stressful a siren's life must be.

how the side quests involving kasia actually involved you digging for them, i enjoyed the fact checking up on kasia required you to put forth effort rather it being a handout. great changes of pace between missions.

things i didnt like as much:

the aftermath of killing Misha was rather... lackluster. my first playthrough i specifically didnt kill her due to political reasons, having two witnesses and a direct connection to freya. not only that but even if i could cover it the obvious tension between misha and lilith was such that even if I got away it with the blame would likely fall on her instead. so i killed the prisoner and left. the second time i was simply curious so i shot her in the back of the head and she went flying off the cliff. i even told Bonnie i would take responsibility if they were to be punished. Later lilith even took the blame in front of the team. thats 3 'witnesses' against lilith and 2 against me. later the team lied and threw it off on the hero's of nirn, but what of the two scouts i left at the camp? surely they would report my murdering of misha.

some assumptions could be made as to why they didnt rat me out... but it was still something that plagued me throughout the whole second playthrough after that, waiting for the repercussions. felt kinda let down nothing happened by the end.

how the choices are of yet:

purity

serenity

the observers

siren

those are the 4 obvious paths, however even after the heros of nirn offering you a place in their ranks your unable to accept the offer, most of the options became clear so late in ep 2 that the only REAL option thats been denied is purity. i could even think of several reasons WHY the option is barred but it still bugs me... that the option 'seems' to be there but isnt.. ya know?

ehh, i prefer to be constructive so i hope the negatives didnt come across as flaming. anyway, id be glad to help with the mod making... i dont think i can though, no experience with the CK and i dont even have a 8$ micro for recording. im always good for idea spamming, but i think your mostly done with that part haha.

*throws up a nice guy pose* cant wait for ep III !!!! good work!!!! <-- yes thats 4 exclamation points.

Edited by sithrein

View Postsithrein, on 31 January 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

------------------------------------

havent used forums much, dont know how to make a quote box haha - so i copy pasted.

anyway, no... only knew she was supposed to be there because she was mentioned in dialog, her presence didnt effect the play though much so i didnt mess with it.

also i was unaware placeatme created a copy, iv only come across one walsh since i used it...what happened to the first one? (i dont expect you answer lol)

i would assume both the copy and the original would behave the same, thus if they would normally wait at the bridge at a specific time both would be there. unless the game autopops copies related to quests at some point, still wouldnt make sense though so many characters with the same name. (guards/soldiers)

It's possible that the original may have been disabled. The resource list from the download section contains the Reference ID of the original Walsh. Use "prid xx012744" where 'xx' is SMSkyrim.esp's load order ID. Then enter "moveto player" and "enable".

Random thing...and im not sure if its a problem, during kasia's seduction training when you walk into the bar you get an optional quest object to interrupt them. with or without skse i was unable to. *shrugs* if i shot the guy in the face with an arrow i lost 3 friendship points though lol.

Attacking the Wood Elf or Kasia is the only way to interrupt them.

and final thing, though it felt it was done on purpose based on context: kasia 'agrees' to go see the sirens (just after the death of marcus) but wont actually do anything until you have her move out of jonestead. perhaps edit the dialog to show we wont go meet the sirens until she has settled in somewhere?

I don't know which dialogue lines you meant. Kasia should be able to go to the Palace at anytime after completing the "Maid of Skyrim" quest. Some of the lines were written in a way that would suggest there's a gap to separate Episode I and Episode II.

the aftermath of killing Misha was rather... lackluster. my first playthrough i specifically didnt kill her due to political reasons, having two witnesses and a direct connection to freya. not only that but even if i could cover it the obvious tension between misha and lilith was such that even if I got away it with the blame would likely fall on her instead. so i killed the prisoner and left. the second time i was simply curious so i shot her in the back of the head and she went flying off the cliff. i even told Bonnie i would take responsibility if they were to be punished. Later lilith even took the blame in front of the team. thats 3 'witnesses' against lilith and 2 against me. later the team lied and threw it off on the hero's of nirn, but what of the two scouts i left at the camp? surely they would report my murdering of misha.

some assumptions could be made as to why they didnt rat me out... but it was still something that plagued me throughout the whole second playthrough after that, waiting for the repercussions. felt kinda let down nothing happened by the end.

Yes, it was brought up during development that it wouldn't make sense for the two scouts to stay silent and blame it on the Heroes/Purity while Lilith blamed herself. I made mistakes in that quest's design because of the branching paths so I wasn't able to edit in dialogue changes before the release of Ep. II. I'll keep working on finding a way to fix it for the Ep. III release. But whether or not the player kills Misha does have a consequence, but it isn't revealed until much later in the series.

how the choices are of yet:

purity

serenity

the observers

siren

those are the 4 obvious paths, however even after the heros of nirn offering you a place in their ranks your unable to accept the offer, most of the options became clear so late in ep 2 that the only REAL option thats been denied is purity. i could even think of several reasons WHY the option is barred but it still bugs me... that the option 'seems' to be there but isnt.. ya know?

Joining a different side isn't possible because of time constraints. It's something I would have liked to do, but only if I could make it as in-depth as the Sirens' questline.

A Heroes of Nirn questline would be more combat-oriented and have an emphasis on the camaraderie between the player's teammates (as in the Companions and Fighters' Guild faction questlines). Purity's would have been similar to the Sirens', except the motivations of the leader would be more straightforward. Each mission would become more questionable than the last as Purity's desperation increased.

The current in-game reason is that the Heroes are keeping Purity in check. Bosska's comments suggest that he won't let them go too far with their plans. However, joining the Heroes would upset the balance in favor of Purity and allow them to carry out their method of extermination without the Sirens to worry about. Joining Purity, even before they deny the player, would be the same as walking away from the war.

Thanks. I added it to the download page's Incompatibilities section.

Will Characters like Kathy, Emily, Cynthia, or even Yesenia etc... have a minor role or an important role in the Main Quest? Also was there any other way to avoid Alarei Death at the hands of Bosska?

If a character has a vanilla voice actor (such as Cynthia), they will have a minor role, such as helping the player in combat or just patrolling the Palace.

Kathy, Emily, and Yesenia specifically do take on larger roles for the next two episodes.

Alarei's death is scripted and can't be avoided.

Also even if Alarei wasnt scripted to die (which she was), would u make her death a little bit diffeerent by like Sacrficing herself in the Battle for fort Pazarath as Kalisa did or something else etc.... instead of being slain by Boskka

That's not possible because it would require reconstructing quests.

For episode 3 what will happen involving your relationship with kasia?

I can't post the outcome of the relationship, but the second-to-last quest in Episode III will be dedicated entirely to the (optional) relationships with Kasia and Freya.