[WIP] Sexy Maids of Skyrim

EnterSevenSeven

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, small problem, is anyone else unable to do anything after

Marcus is killed by Bosska?

I mean, everyone just stands around with their weapons drawn and look awkward.

EDIT: Don't worry, it was the problem with the place not loading correctly. Now my problem is that what I hoped to do with the basement is not possible without a little bit of self-modding. I am unable to get the NPC armors to put on the mannequins in the basement. I'm guessing when we actually get around to fighting Bosska we'll get his custom Dragon Scale armor, but I'm a little disappointed I can't put the Hero of Nirn custom Ebony plate on display.

Edited by Pentigan

Okay, small problem, is anyone else unable to do anything after

Marcus is killed by Bosska?

I mean, everyone just stands around with their weapons drawn and look awkward.

EDIT: Don't worry, it was the problem with the place not loading correctly.

Yes, the navmesh bug is a problem that I thought was fixed by Bethesda while testing like the LOD issue with large objects, but it cropped up again as I was finishing the mod. I'll try to see if any workarounds have been found.

Now my problem is that what I hoped to do with the basement is not possible without a little bit of self-modding. I am unable to get the NPC armors to put on the mannequins in the basement. I'm guessing when we actually get around to fighting Bosska we'll get his custom Dragon Scale armor, but I'm a little disappointed I can't put the Hero of Nirn custom Ebony plate on display.

They're marked as unplayable in the Creation Kit. Playable versions won't be available anytime soon.

If you don't want to go into the CK, you can download the armors from their original creators here: Ancient Black Dragonscale Armor and Blackwood Company Armor.

Edited by Enter_77

I did go into the creation kit to make playable versions, the only problem I found was that the duplicates wouldn't keep their textures when I loaded the mod in the CK again. Though it might be a problem with my saving the duplicates as a separate mod. Also found a fair few spoilers while digging around the mod.

I was hoping to turn the basement into a museum for various stuff in the mod.

Edited by Pentigan

Played through it. It was pretty good, the amount of work that went in to it was obvious and it looks to be an interesting plot. A few things jumped out at me though.

I can understand the lack of voice acting, but you could there at least be some sound during dialogue? It wasn't so bad most of the time, but the

talk right before the fight with Bosska is painful. Its just too quiet in there. One of my companions coughed or something and it sounded like thunder.

You could just slap in the sound of someone mumbling nonsense or something just as filler like they do in indie adventure games, but the absolute silence is just creepy at some points.

Also,

In the fight with Bosska I got the same thing as the above poster. Bosska just walked over to a chair and sat down while the other 2 guys waited for me to attack before doing anything after the cut-scene. Plus you can just jump into the lavender growing zone and cheese it although I don't know if you would care about that sort of thing.

The last thing that bugged me was more of a balance thing,

During the hostage rescue the Nirn guys were either reasonably strong or absurdly strong and I would sometimes get mobbed by groups of what looked like 10+ of them. They seemed to vary wildly in power, but I doubt anyone but a end game character or someone with multiple companions and no fear of abusing terrain can take them all.

Despite that stuff though, I await episode 2 eagerly.

During the hostage rescue the Nirn guys were either reasonably strong or absurdly strong and I would sometimes get mobbed by groups of what looked like 10+ of them. They seemed to vary wildly in power, but I doubt anyone but a end game character or someone with multiple companions and no fear of abusing terrain can take them all.

Despite that stuff though, I await episode 2 eagerly.

There are some people in town who can help out with their ebony weapons. You're looking for two Orcs and a Imperial armor-clad elf. And if you rescue all the citizens, they give you individual awards afterwards (As well as that warm fuzzy feeling ^_^).

OH, ya, I got the helpers, they just really didn't help must when i somehow had 15 of those things on me. A helper would stand up and get knocked right back down instantly. I won those by abusing terrain and firing a flame spell so I could just walk it back and forth over them. It took me 30 minutes IRL to clear out the big groups. The small groups of 2-3 of them got insta-gibbed though. The problem was not the difficulty, but that the difficulty varied so wildly. Each time a new group rushed me, I had no idea if this was a pushover gorup or if I needed to start jumping onto ledges.

I can understand the lack of voice acting, but you could there at least be some sound during dialogue? It wasn't so bad most of the time, but the

talk right before the fight with Bosska is painful. Its just too quiet in there. One of my companions coughed or something and it sounded like thunder.

You could just slap in the sound of someone mumbling nonsense or something just as filler like they do in indie adventure games, but the absolute silence is just creepy at some points.

It was planned to add voices after the first release of Episode I so I didn't think of adding placeholders. For Bosska, I'm still considering how he will be voiced since he is a returning character for the next episode and a VA may not be willing to return in the future.

Also,

In the fight with Bosska I got the same thing as the above poster. Bosska just walked over to a chair and sat down while the other 2 guys waited for me to attack before doing anything after the cut-scene. Plus you can just jump into the lavender growing zone and cheese it although I don't know if you would care about that sort of thing.

I've seen the bug of Bosska staying in the room after that scene, but I haven't been able to get him to carry out a sandbox procedure (do miscellaneous actions like sitting). I'm still looking at how to fix it since most of the bug reports are for that scene alone, but it may take some time if the navmesh issue is the source.

I know about the exploit where you can jump into the garden, but the only way to fix it is to either add collision boxes (might be considered an immersion breaker for some) or remove it entirely. I may have to leave it in there.

Admittedly I'm bad at creating balancing gameplay. The Heroes were left uncapped and had a high minimum level of about 20 - overpowered for lower level characters. I've lowered their level stats so it should be fixed for the next update.

Edited by Enter_77