(Video Tutorial) How to get Skinned Meshes into game

somuchmonsters

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting both of your armour videos Joe, they're very useful and helpful.

I was having a problem using your morpher earlier and kept running into export error "You have attempted to add a child to a ninode which already is a child of another ninode."

But after reading through the other video thread I found a hint and tried importing my modded armour nif without skeleton. Now it works beautifully, thanks for the great tool.

Edited by Martian1

That looks like it may be skin related. Also: did you make sure to NOT edit the geometry after morphing? Apart from moving or scaling?

great job mate, u did us big favor :thumbsup: .

i just have little problem scaling working fine except some flying vertices that show up, i have noticed that it disappears when i am on max level heavy or max level light body.

http://www.image-share.com/upload/1222/233.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im a blender user, but i thought i try 3ds max 2012 for this tool, morphing manually takes to much time to be honest so i gave this shot.

Now my armor had 5 meshes, i did this to preserve the UV so i did'nt have to do the whole texture job all over.

But 3ds max is pretty different from blender UI vice, we need to a tool like this for blender too! :)

When i tried it in 3ds max, it morphed my armor almost perfectly, i needed little to no modification afterwards, just small things clipping through here and there, great work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'm getting an error when trying to assign modifiers. Specifically, it seems to assign Skin, Edit Poly and Skin Wrap correctly, but then I get a popup message saying Type error: Call needs function or class, got: undefined.

I am using the 2012 student edition, could that be the problem, or is it something with my mesh?

EDIT: I just noticed the dismember thing doesn't even appear in the drop down menu of modifiers.

Edited by Aliceface