mod idea question

cdo947214

I have an idea for a character that I want to add to my quest mod, but I'm not sure if it is allowed. I don't want to give away spoilers, nor do I want anyone to use the idea first. How would I go about asking?

What do you mean by "not sure if it's allowed"?

If you're asking about if it's allowed to make a mod that works as a cheat, let's say for example it gives you 10000 hp, then no worries. Bethesda doesn't have an anti cheat software implemented in Fallout 4 as far as i know.

You could also private message a Nexus staff member. I doubt they're interested in stealing your idea and they could definitively tell you if it would be allowed. But you could always do what many others do, slightly alter the name or defining features so it isn't exactly like the copyrighted character.

Nobody wants to steal your idea dude. There's a forum full of requests and ideas that most mod authors never look at because we have our own ideas. And we think our ideas are just as awesome as you think yours is. So you may as well just come out and ask about it. And given that I and several other mod authors have put batman and other copyrighted characters into the game already I doubt there will be an issue.