Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH DEAR ZEUS

If this quote

"Howard said that his team is doing everything possible for it to be released at the same time as the game"

Is what people are getting upset about, you need to take a few English classes.. This clearly states that they are TRYING to make it so they can release the game and the CK at the same time. Good job... :hurr:

Let's review:

Todd Howard is an official spokesperson regardless of how you characterize his information.

Furthermore, I added the 2 news sources since I figured someone might be skeptical of the wiki.

I didn't include that for the dates of release, but for the promise of a dev kit.

I wouldn't even bother with TES games without the modding capabilities.

The official spokesman for the Large Hadron Collider (Hes some swiss name, i'm not even going to bother trying to spell it) assured the world in 2010 that it was only a matter of months until they found the Higgs Boson particle. Now its looking like the thing doesn't even exist. People have their entire lives work based on the Higgs Boson, and if its not real everything goes down the drain.

A Spokesman can say whatever he pleases, and may even be honest in his conviction, but holding them to that word when there are dozens of other people involved and a myriad of things that could go wrong is an inherently folly process.

Please refer to

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21279-lhc-sees-hint-of-lightweight-higgs-boson.html

And retract your statement that it appears to not exist, as currently it does appear to exist.

:P

I hope people stop bickering about it. I know they said this and that about the Creation Kit, but you will need to wait.

I, of course, want it as well. I want to use it to mod and make game changes with everyone else here.

However, I can wait. And everyone else should too.

Not your company, not your game franchise, not your worry of whether or not it gets released soon.

I am pretty sure the guys over at Bethesda are just as worried about its release as you guys.

"Howard said that his team is doing everything possible for it to be released at the same time as the game, but as a separate download"

No actual promised-by date...

“We’re hoping [the Creation Kit] will be available as a download on launch day. I don’t know if I can promise day-one, but it will be very close.”

Keyword = hoping.

Also, very close is a rather subjective term. "Very close" could mean 1 day or 1 year, dependent upon the POV the person making the statement has. If you consider the lifespan of the Oblivion community so far, in relative terms, 4-6months is still "very close".

Have some patience! :laugh:

The official spokesman for the Large Hadron Collider (Hes some swiss name, i'm not even going to bother trying to spell it) assured the world in 2010 that it was only a matter of months until they found the Higgs Boson particle. Now its looking like the thing doesn't even exist. People have their entire lives work based on the Higgs Boson, and if its not real everything goes down the drain.

A Spokesman can say whatever he pleases, and may even be honest in his conviction, but holding them to that word when there are dozens of other people involved and a myriad of things that could go wrong is an inherently folly process.

Please refer to

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21279-lhc-sees-hint-of-lightweight-higgs-boson.html

And retract your statement that it appears to not exist, as currently it does appear to exist.

:P

Ah, the glories of science... Nov 25th the official statement was that there was no indication they existed, and the research team was 95% sure they didn't. Things can change around pretty quick eh.

Everyone who paid for the game has a right to tap their toes impatiently while we wait.

But insinuating it's not coming or that they're not obligated to release it at all is the point where it gets real. :armscrossed:

Anxious to know when the Creation Kit will be released? All you have to do is subscribe to the creation kit release thread and forget about it. Better yet, start planning what you will be doing with the CK and prepping your mod files now.

There's no point wasting time and energy pondering when it will be released. It could be Jan 31st, could be sometime in February. Subscribe to the thread and await the notification email.

If you happen to be the 1st one to see the download for the CK and nobody on the staff has replied to the thread I linked above, feel free to click the REPORT button on that thread and send us a URL to the download and any member of the staff watching the incoming reports can verify the DL and reply to that thread letting everyone know the CK is available.

Thanks,

LHammonds