Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they don't lock the use of the CK to the use of Steam. I'd like to use the CK without being required to go through Steam first.

What does it matter? You need to run the game to test your mods anyway, and that requires Steam already. From what Bethsoft has said, the toolset will only be legally available to legal users through Steam. Interpret that as you will. :tongue:

I just hope they don't lock the use of the CK to the use of Steam. I'd like to use the CK without being required to go through Steam first.

What does it matter? You need to run the game to test your mods anyway, and that requires Steam already. From what Bethsoft has said, the toolset will only be legally available to legal users through Steam. Interpret that as you will. :tongue:

Only if you allowed Steam to update the game and bought and installed it on day 1 and that's a steam download version. the first version does not require steam to play. First patch to last and My game wont play, So steam is disabled until I get bored with Skyrim or want to play HL2 again. Launcher shortcut on the desktop and NO steam running required. I do the same with Oblivion as well.

Anyway interpret that as download through steam only. so if you are like me and the updates break your game better copy and paste the directory before.

Well, I can pretty much guarantee that the toolset will require the 1.4 patched Skyrim. Ya, I've been on 1.3.10 since it was released (though I did skip 1.2 because of the stuff it broke), fixed a ton of issues. If you are still running 1.0.3 you have a really buggy version for sure. Good luck with that!

Well you never know, like I said they've broken their word repeatedly: first the CK was supposed to be released with the game. Definitely did not happen. Then it was supposed to be "soon after Skyrim was released" (over two months and counting is not "soon" imo). Then it was supposed to be between late November to early December. The given dates came and went. Didn't happen. *sigh* It's not a healthy thing they're doing to the fan base. Edited by Lehcar

Interesting. This is perhaps the very reason it's taking so long: (to reg check for a valid Skyrim install.)

Someone had mentioned "valvetime" ..

Well you never know, like I said they've broken their word repeatedly: first the CK was supposed to be released with the game. Definitely did not happen. Then it was supposed to be "soon after Skyrim was released" (over two months and counting is not "soon" imo). Then it was supposed to be between late November to early December. The given dates came and went. Didn't happen. *sigh* It's not a healthy thing they're doing to the fan base.

Not sure where you are getting that they broke their word, they never said by xxx date, ever. They said they hoped and would try, but never gave any due by date at all. They never committed to any date in Nov or Dec either. And in relative terms, we are still at the "soon after release" point.

IMO, the only unhealthy thing happening is some users expectations.

Well, I don't have Steam on my laptop, and I'd like to be able to work on mod ideas without having to install Steam and Skyrim etc just to be able to use the CK.