Skyrim DLC

Marcvss

Even though i never played Morrowind (only the first few minutes and dumped it because of Thousands of Text and No actual Dialogue) i find it strange for a Game to be called Morrowind when its not even the Whole Province of it, so why not make a DLC for the Morrowind Game and give Skyrim some Other DLC like the Dwemner and Thalmor and Falmer.

TES IV was called Oblivion but it was in the province of Cyrodill. Same with TES II Daggerfall, it was not only the city of Daggerfall, it was actually set in two provinces. (The whole Illiac bay region, a bit of Hammerfell and a bit of High Rock)

And Bethesda can't make a DLC for a 10 year old game, that's the past.

And I strongly believe that there will be a DLC involving Thalmor and the Dwemer. A lot of hints in game point to both.

I doubt it'll be Morrowind.....

Although I wish that Skyrim was part of a bigger project. Ideally I'd like to have seen this kind of thing:

Skyrim released as the FIRST part of a major release of 6 games in the world of Tamriel - first Skyrim, then a massive updated and reversion of Morrowind, Oblivion, and the very original Elder Scrolls games (which I never played)....ideally a quote from Bethesda pre-release of Skyrim would say something like this:

"we've been dreaming of this project for years - a massive single player experience involving all the previous Elder Scrolls games and storylines. We've found a way of mashing together a cogent narrative that includes all the lore of the previous games mixed seemlessly with the new Skyrim release. First we'll release Skyrim, whilst at the same time polishing up our re-releases of the previous games. Of course this means a massive graphical overhaul for Morrowind, but for the previous titles we're going even further - we're introducing voiced actors which vary per game, newly designed worlds with nearly a thousand separate locations to discover. All the original stories and characters will be there from our earlier, albeit simpler, games. But this time, it's got Skyrim's engine, and a totally moddable UI screen that can be changed at anytime in game, without the need for modding. You can set up profiles for each region, and of course, travel seemlessly between each game and area using the same character. Plus, there's no limit to how powerful you can get - but of course we'll be making enemies that'll reflect that!"

wow...just imagine.

we do not have the ck yet which of course is delayed because of its integration with crapworks... we still have a lot of bugs to be dealt with which will highly likely be dealt with unofficial patch and I am sure they have plans for much integration and hype into crapworks for dlc.

it will be a while before we see dlc unless they count minor nothings as dlc.

our best hope is the community as once we have the ck or preferably tools that are available and fully functioning that will not require steam to run them we will have new content from modders. there are already a ton of examples and plans posted up.

Why not Atmora? See how the first humans are doing... or if they're still there. Somethings to ponder.

1. Result of the civil war should have an impact in the DLC i.e. if you did this then that happens.

2. Reasons for a particular locale in which the DLC would take place. For example Hammerfell to aid the Redguards against the Thalmor.

3. Or it could be something about the Direnni Tower, oldest structure, perhaps a library with history on all the races of Nirn

4. Becoming High King/Queen of Skyrim... or even the new Emperor/Empress... too much to ask for I know.

Whatever the expansion will bring hopefully they'll iron out the bugs before it arrives.

Morrowind DLC is actually quite possible.

People are confusing the game Morrowind with the province Morrowind. The game, Morrowind, was not actually the whole province of Morrowind, but only the island Vvardenfell.

So Skyrim's DLC could take place on main land Morrowind which is still new, and with the Argonians capturing Morrowind it could feature a new and unique setting which is, finally, dominated by one of the beast races.

I'd love to go to Morrowind to see the Argonians. I'll be all up in dey krib lyk hail egg-bro.

And I strongly believe that there will be a DLC involving Thalmor and the Dwemer. A lot of hints in game point to both.

It would be nice to expand on the Thalmor and actually give players the option of joining them. I didn't care much for the Stormcloaks or the Imperials. The Stormcloaks' uprising began with Ulfric misusing the Voice, and I hate the Imperials for trying to execute me at the beginning without any logical reasoning. Furthermore, the Imperials also seem like lapdogs to the Thalmor as well and I can't stand that. Ulfric seems to only care about Nords and seems prejudice against other races. I also think it'd be a nice twist if Bethesda actually made the Dark Brotherhood's main quest-line have an impact (whether with or against the Thalmor) on the Empire's alliance with the Thalmor.

I'd settle for a pack of ACTUAL companions. You know, with history, personality, opinion, and generally MORE than 12 spoken phrases.

I agree completely. Next to my major disappointment with how fail Alduin was as a main villain, Skyrim's companions system is epic fail. Companions in Skyrim are bland and boring. Oblivion's companion mods (despite how popular many were) did not manage to teach Bethesda a thing about what the TES community want in companions; that or Bethesda flat out ignored what TES fans want in companions. At least Fallout New Vegas actually did something right by making the player's companions have personality, backstory, and their own quest-lines. Heck, even the ending to the main quest-line involved the player's companions. I loved how a player's choice of words and choice of path (bad or good) can literally affect the player's companions in Fallout New Vegas. For example, Cass will outright leave the player if the player continues along the evil path; she'll also become hostile if the player speaks negatively about her parents.

It bothered me that in Skyrim, your companions are almost like mindless drones. Lydia would even help you without any feelings of remorse or objections in attacking Whiterun guards and the Jarl. I hope Bethesda will seriously consider overhauling companions in the future if they're aiming at making Skyrim DLC improve the game.