Don't Call Me Settler - Any progress rapport?

ceano

well, so far, I can find nothing wrong with his / her mod as it stands.

I am aware of foolishness taking place in abundance too, lack of caring what is installed or in conflict ..seems always easier to blame a mod that seems to be causing the issues in combination with others. This sort of thing is hard to fight ,or contend with today, always remain that way.

The term "grow a thick skin" comes to mind. The mod coding is excellent even by my standards. Why xbox ? removed it, or was that actually the authors doing?

Yes, cossayos and I have already discussed this at length on other threads. :wink: Like him, I too had absolutely no problems with the mod.

Having said that, some of the people who did claim to have problems were experienced mod users, so I wouldn't dismiss their opinions entirely. But I suspect that whatever problems they experienced were most likely down to conflicts. For instance, I clearly recall deciding not to install up to half a dozen other mods because they would have potentially conflicted with DCMS. Had I installed them, then I too would have possibly had problems.

Now I'm sure DCMS did have some bugs here and there (what ambitious mod doesn't?), but whatever they were, for me at least, they were never game breaking - far from it.

I do hope it returns. A genuine modding masterpiece and one that made the Nexus all the richer for it.

Edited by crawe1x

Now I'm sure DCMS did have some bugs here and there (what ambitious mod doesn't?), but whatever they were, for me at least, they were never game breaking - far from it.

I do hope it returns. A genuine modding masterpiece and one that made the Nexus all the richer for it.

One person embarking on such a complicated journey? Of course bugs are to be expected.

Like you I didn't install certain mods because I expected them to be in conflict with DCMS.

Trolls it appears to be. I feel bad for the author.

Me too. I wouldn't call it outiright trolling though. Chances are they'rerunning something they shouldn't run in combination with that mod. Something like Shakujins better alarms, which is a good mod, but it provides a feature that's already included in DCMS. Conflict seems to be inevitable. Maybe something other settler related, who knows? Then they ran into the settler bug that was rampant at one point and blame it on this one mod.

I had both Shakujins Better Alarms and DCMS installed and working together without issue for many months. I had Shakujin's mod installed first and later installled DCMS not realizing it also covered settlement attacks (it was the early days of DCMS and I think the description wasn't as good then).

Well now when i have read all your inputs i am more at ease, and i personally have never encountered any bugs/game breaking stuff with the mod so i hope the mod will return. Edited by ceano

To the author of the mod " Together we stand united, alone we fall" consider irregularities as a learning curve, every one has to learn in one way or another and we will stand behind you if you keep going, we are here to help make things better, and understood.

I can only speak for my self, others are free to quote me if they wish but we do encourage Thick skinned approaches, your going to get the bad with the good as it is with all aspects in modding.

This comes from some one whom does not back down to ignorance weather intended or not. In general, people just don't know and target the last thing first.

I can give you an example too, I can upload a mod built on the fly that contains fully legit files ,but with the files have secreted installed instructions to do things you would not be able to locate under any means, this kind of programing is not centralized and it works.

There are other mod authors here that do this sort of thing too, all the time. you just can't see it in the open. Hidden data can be a spawn, a spawn rate, a combination of spawns and results mixed with xp, stats, gain or loss to exact a result.

The underlying code can be disrupted by outside tampering, cleaning, or upset and create a real mess.

IF it is not touched and just ran on it's own no matter how many mods are installed? then things work as intended and you get what was bargained for.

A legit mod and outcome is the intention. I can hide details in ways no one can find.

Centralized mods are what's more in abundance here, custom made mods like I describe are NOT.

DCMS is one of the truly great mods out there. I've played thru 3 characters for over 200 hours each and have had no problems with 1.70. I hope the author eventually gets it back up.

I would even call it one of the best if not the best when it comes to settlement management. It literally adds what Bethesda should have included in their base game.

• 2 weeks later...