Your Internet Connection

What program are you testing it with?

I get this with speedtest:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8146/speedtestf.png

ok i think i enabled my DMZ. just a little radio button that said enable, and i had to put the IP address in (which im assuming is 192.168.1.1)

That's it.

Be careful, it disables security. Make sure to keep a software firewall. Turn DMZ off and restart the router if doing something risky.

i did the test with PC Pit Stop, but i was saying i couldnt see the letter grade when i did it with the ones you guys were using.

software firewall as in?...

What program are you testing it with?

I get this with speedtest:

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8146/speedtestf.png

Oh my god...

...how...how? Im dying to know what service your using.

*edit* im guessing thats a closed network?

My awful phone line internet is all i can get out in the country.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1692859668.png

Server *blank*

And the image is hosted on an external website.

Yeah, I've blanked some fields before reuploading the image, since I'm not very comfortable posting some data around, sorry for that. Wish speedtest offered a more anonymized version. The numbers aren't doctored however, you can take my word on it, or not. But as you can guess this isn't speed to every server, just the nearest one Speedtest picks.

It's not even physically possible to have 3ms ping worldwide: that time is only 550 miles at the speed of light (or electricity), and that's not counting delays in various hardware.

Does illustrate a bit of a flaw in comparing Speedtest results however. If you are far away from the nearest Speedtest server, geographically or logically, your results will be worse than expected, and vice versa, having a server near you produces results that look better than they actually are.

Edited by FMod

Yeah, I've blanked some fields before reuploading the image, since I'm not very comfortable posting some data around, sorry for that. Wish speedtest offered a more anonymized version. The numbers aren't doctored however, you can take my word on it, or not. But as you can guess this isn't speed to every server, just the nearest one Speedtest picks.

It's not even physically possible to have 3ms ping worldwide: that time is only 550 miles at the speed of light (or electricity), and that's not counting delays in various hardware.

Does illustrate a bit of a flaw in comparing Speedtest results however. If you are far away from the nearest Speedtest server, geographically or logically, your results will be worse than expected, and vice versa, having a server near you produces results that look better than they actually are.

Ah i see. Ive seen a fair share of doctored ones before, it was a lot easier on the old layout however. Ill take your word on this one.