Make Power Armor Lore Friendly Again

BlueBeard1983

Ok, so with FO4, the T-60 was introduced. This has caused a lot of uproar in the community lore-wise.

Well, I think I have an end-all be-all way of fixing this.

1st, replace the prewar soldier's power armor with T-45 or T-51, this fixes the T-60 being in prewar Boston.

2nd, Replace the Atom Cats PA with T-51, and make their custom paint job available to all PA.

3rd, Replace the loading screen text for the T-60 to read something along the lines of the T-60 being developed by the Brotherhood of Steel by using the Enclave's PA research and development to enhance the T-45 (the PA that was used by them in FO3). This explains the similarities between them nicely. Also make the T-60 exclusive to the BoS, where the player has to either join them or kill them to get the T-60.

4th, For the X-01, add in some postwar terminal entries that either imply or outright state that the locations are/were an Enclave stronghold/outpost. This would work nicely with the mod Location Based Power Armor, with some tweaks.

There are still a couple of unanswered issues that this approach leaves though, such as the Quantum X-01 in Nuke-World and maybe why the Enclave would be in Boston (though this could be answered by the fact they would want to expand and what better place than an area seen by some as the birthplace of the USA).

Also, one thing that annoys me and would help with this is that PA paints should be available to all makes and models. And, yes, there are mods out there that do this part already.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually i would go even further, to get a mod that COMPLETELY replaces the T-60 with T-51 power armor and leave it at there. I have absolutely no ideia what was going throught the minds of Bethesda when they introduced an PA that looks less advanced then the T-51, and then Bethsoft say's "ITS MAGIC! CATCHIING!!! BETTER ARMOR BOS FOUND THEM, THE US ARMY WAS DEVELOPING IT!" i don't buy it and like everything else in Fallout 4, i find it mediocre and lazy at best.

If someone want's to make the T-60 into an overhaul and much more advanced PA with a new model by all means, but for me the perfect game would be to see it gone from my game.

If someone makes that mod i would download it IMEDIATELY and it would stay as a primary download in my library.

Edited by DarknessKnight

I suggest the first mentioned mod to use along with this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?quicksrc_name=some+asse&quicksrc_auth=Author&quicksrc_game=1151

The remodelling of the power armor is more or less a cosmetic change, not included, but maybe there is a mod like this available.

But for immersion you should think about that:

The war costs many ressources which are already scarce (for what the war started in the end) and the whole world is in an economy crisis (you see it on billboards as cars costs around 1M$ due to heavy inflation).

With that in mind you can think of it like they are able at least to improve the PA with developing but are not able to show this at the fashion week. ;-)

I would say it is like it also was in history: Improving possible, but you are forced to go along with compromises.

I suggest the first mentioned mod to use along with this one:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/searchresults/?quicksrc_name=some+asse&quicksrc_auth=Author&quicksrc_game=1151

The remodelling of the power armor is more or less a cosmetic change, not included, but maybe there is a mod like this available.

But for immersion you should think about that:

The war costs many ressources which are already scarce (for what the war started in the end) and the whole world is in an economy crisis (you see it on billboards as cars costs around 1M$ due to heavy inflation).

With that in mind you can think of it like they are able at least to improve the PA with developing but are not able to show this at the fashion week. ;-)

I would say it is like it also was in history: Improving possible, but you are forced to go along with compromises.

I can't. The lore master in me and the Soldier in me just screams bloody murder looking at the T-60. T-51b was the pinnacle of PA advancement, and in one game Bethsoft just decided to recton the entire thing and make a ugly armor to boot. I don't need to be a design expert to look at it and just scream "lazy".

Edited by DarknessKnight