⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Arena Mod

rxmonste

Real gladiators were slaves and stuff. I'm not suggesting slavery, but maybe the arena

content could be triggered by being abducted or something and forced to fight in the arena.

Or maybe it only triggers when you get sent to jail and you get the opportunity to become a

gladiator.

Either way, it would offer an interesting way to remove the player's item and force the player

to use weapons supplied by the arena itself. Fights don't have to necessarily be against harder

enemies, but they will certainly be harder if you're forced out of your double enchanted armor and

weapons and jewelery and into some (custom made) gladiator armor and weapons.

Haha, some star trek style "grab whatever you can and kill the guy" type of fights...that could be interesting.

Different weapons lying all over the place...which would make the fight interesting, if you and your

opponents weapon preferences matched up.

I think no matter what, you'd have to find some way to make the skyrim arena more "nord"...since the

oblivion arena was somewhat imperial (they are romanesque after all). making it nord culturally relevant would

be cool...i always thought the arena in oblivion was random.

i salute you friend, i hope other guys take your suggestion as much as they take mine, by the way when you said the quote "grab whatever you can and kill the guy" i thought i could get an idea for that, to make looting your oponent no longer forbiddin, except looting the battle rainment, better to make it unlootble and making the battle rainment unlootble is just easy, however making the battle rainment isn't, i think you,me and everybody else is tired of having a blue team and a green team, the collours of their armor in oblivion are not even clear, we need more teams and more collours, but maybe when you said let's make it nord you meant every man for himself right.

Edited by rxmonste

Plus, you're propably gonna ask how is cheat cheating possible if anything is legal in the arena, example:

sabotoging weapons before the match starts.

YES! My character is an assassin and thief, she wouldn't be able to fight off heavily armored warriors without sneaking up on them, much harder in an arena. :P

Anyway, I'd love to be able to steal all their equips and replace them with like leather before the match begins! :D

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of an arena in each of the holds.

Add an extra cavern to the Cidhna Mine as a starting point where you can fight prisoners.

Turn the grove you find Sindig in into a forest grove style arena

Use the bandit arena in Lost Knife Hideout

Make a ice cavern near winterhold run by vampires where you can fight frost trolls, falmer, undead and vampires

Add a dueling ring outside of Solitude where you can challenge or be challenged by NPCs

Also a quest where you are pulled into Oblivion by a Dremora Lord called the Emissary and forced to pic a Daedric Lord to fight for.

You pick one simply by walking through the door beneath the statue of the Daedric Lord you choose.

Beyond that door you can pick up a unique piece of Daedric armor depending on the Lord you choose.

An example of what a helmet for the champion of Hermaeus Mora could look like

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/yp_4e825d3429d5f3.78862082/Conan-2011/Mask-of-Acheron.jpg

You then proceed to battle each of the other Daedric champions to the death.

After beating them all you receive a perk from your Deadric Lord and the Emissary becomes available as a summon spell.

This would all require a lot of work though.

Where would you put it? I agree that an arena in every city would be cool, but there is only so much space.

Instead, why not just expand into Cyrodiil and put the arena where it belongs? Then we have the expansion that everyone is talking about (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/552752-the-elder-scrolls-tamriel/) and we have the arena back.

• 3 weeks later...

Where would you put it? I agree that an arena in every city would be cool, but there is only so much space.

Instead, why not just expand into Cyrodiil and put the arena where it belongs? Then we have the expansion that everyone is talking about (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/552752-the-elder-scrolls-tamriel/) and we have the arena back.

now that would be diffecult, cyrodill is bigger than skyrim you know.