How do I convert .msh files to .nif?

RaycerX

• 5 months later...
Does anyone by chance know how to do this yet? I've scoured the net for converters, etc and have yet to figure it out... searched the forum and found this post, thought I would ask the same thing..

To clarify the problem, what software did you use to generate .msh files? Is this a format that Blender or 3D-Max will handle? Edited by David Brasher

If you can open it in 3Ds max, maya or blender you can export it as a nif and then doing something like this:

Essentially: export as nif from your favorite CAD program, open in nifskope and copypasta the mesh onto an already created object which matches yours somewhat

To clarify the problem, what software did you use to generate .msh files? Is this a format that Blender or 3D-Max will handle?

Sorry... allow me to clarify.. I recently made a request to have a hairstyle from Dragon Age: Origins adapted into Skyrim.. here. Rather than bellyache and carry on about it not being done, I decided I would try myself. Heh. :wallbash:

Within the file of the hairstyle mod itself.. which in DA:O you simply have to drop into an override folder, there are several files with different extensions... re: .msh, .mao, and .dds. I assumed, which perhaps was my bad, that the .msh was the mesh file.

After many searches on Google and reading some results in forums, I did finally find some python scripts that allowed import of ".msh" files for Blender, only to receive an error that it was not a valid mesh file. So either way, I think I'm screwed. :facepalm: I have been unable to open this .msh in anything.. I have 3dsmax 2011, Blender 2.49. If needed I could download gmax or maya.. son is a student and has free reign at Autodesk for d/l's. I'm very close to giving up though.. have been at this for about a week or more.

To clarify the problem, what software did you use to generate .msh files? Is this a format that Blender or 3D-Max will handle?

Sorry... allow me to clarify.. I recently made a request to have a hairstyle from Dragon Age: Origins adapted into Skyrim.. here. Rather than bellyache and carry on about it not being done, I decided I would try myself. Heh. :wallbash:

Within the file of the hairstyle mod itself.. which in DA:O you simply have to drop into an override folder, there are several files with different extensions... re: .msh, .mao, and .dds. I assumed, which perhaps was my bad, that the .msh was the mesh file.

After many searches on Google and reading some results in forums, I did finally find some python scripts that allowed import of ".msh" files for Blender, only to receive an error that it was not a valid mesh file. So either way, I think I'm screwed. :facepalm: I have been unable to open this .msh in anything.. I have 3dsmax 2011, Blender 2.49. If needed I could download gmax or maya.. son is a student and has free reign at Autodesk for d/l's. I'm very close to giving up though.. have been at this for about a week or more.

simply get the 3ds max dragon age origins tools by eshme, they work fine with many max versions (I think 5 to 2011, not sure). http://social.bioware.com/project/2336/#files.

shouldn't be a problem getting your models into 3ds max this way. If you dont have an .mmh for the hair I assume you could just use a normal human female skeleton .mmh supplied with any armor model.

simply get the 3ds max dragon age origins tools by eshme, they work fine with many max versions (I think 5 to 2011, not sure). http://social.biowar...ct/2336/#files.

shouldn't be a problem getting your models into 3ds max this way. If you dont have an .mmh for the hair I assume you could just use a normal human female skeleton .mmh supplied with any armor model.

OMG I <3 you.. lol.. thanks a million.. got it as a .nif now.. woot :tongue:

Edited by LarianHawke