Boston...will it ever be optimised?

kiwi047

Either by a collection of modders working on it, or bethesda releasing a patch. I shouldn't need to say FPS, but I will state it anyway. Also, in my spare time, would it be possible to do this myself or far too much ork for one person? bear in mind I can navigate files easily enough so following paths etc is no problem. But I am a cook by trade so I dont know much about the internal workings of code, scripts etc etc.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can take a wild educated guess what the honest answer is, but please refrain from insults in the honest answer. Its surprising how many people use that as an excuse to throw barbs.

I'm gonna say no, and its been abandoned by bethesda.

Its a shame really because the game is the perfect blueprint for a game for the community. There is a basic of everything in an RPG and the amount of mods and customisation added to it, just really make the game what it should be. And good thinking by bethesda they dont do much work, get paid a shitload, and let the community finish the game for them. Face it, as gamers we moan about everything, so if control is given to us, well we can only moan at each other. I just wish they had made a stable game you know. But since its such a dated engine, perhaps the level of coding etc they have done to the engine, well there is only so much they could do maybe?

I have a feeling that one way to optimize the area would have been to simply combine a lot of the Landscape Objects into one mesh file.

As it is a lot of those Meshes are separate.

Although there is something called "precombined objects" I have only just heard about this one, wasn't in Skyrim for instance or never mentioned at least.

Another thing that could have been done would have been to place as many textures of landscape objects on one texture file....The thing is that would mean that modders wouldn't be able to simply provide a new file for just one object.

Occlusion Planes...Not sure if those are being used in Boston, if they were though you wouldn't get the experience of hearing distant fights or fights in the street over that you just cant see.

Only real thing to do in Bosten is damage control ^^ however with good tweaking it can be playable (and yes "playable" is for some people x and for some y).

The vivid fallout textures from hein84 helped me. He Redid many textures (Not ALL) with new and more efficient specular maps and made them look better. I get much better performance in the city now. give them a try.

I can just support this advice. When using the "best choice" option they really help

Always hated playing a silent character, and i don't see what that has to do with an unstable Boston. Having said that, Getting 50fps in one street, turn a corner and get 20fps, inst exactly fun.

I am using "War of the commonwealth" Mod, so that eats fps.but i doubt it makes it unstable. I have a decent card, so i should have np. But when i enter the old north church, i suddenly get 1-7 fps.... and have to restart the game to continue playing... While it should be a steady 60fps capped, with an 980TI.

So if either BethCrashsda (or modders) aren't going to fix this issue.. I for-see this game ending up in the Beth cyber trashbin, where sucky NV already is from almost launch.. and Beth only has one strike to go, before the will be put on my avoid list.

And another biggy will bite the dust.