Boston...will it ever be optimised?

kiwi047

Here is how i got a lot of spare fps, 120-125 , and 80-90 in downtown Boston. I ignored all your small tips, tricks and fps boost mods and so on. Acknowledged my computers limitations and stopped piling on 200+ mods, when that got boring i simply bought a new computer.

Now i am running around 45 mods covering most aspect of the game, excepts boosts, and everything runs smoothly. Most people want that extra 10% out of their computer, i have always done the exact opposite, i try to only use around 90% of my hardware, and that has always served me well. I am seeing a pattern i how people sometimes have issues and i don't, anyways.

My I7-4770k, 16 gb beast ram, msi 970 4gb, ssd and 144 htz benq could probably run it on superultradeluxe, but i am content with High settings, medium shadows and low godrays.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Here is how i got a lot of spare fps, 120-125 , and 80-90 in downtown Boston"

No. Just don't. Don't go around telling people you play with above 60 fps in a Beth game. That's plain stupid, and all issues are going to be your own fault.

"I ignored all your small tips, tricks and fps boost mods and so on"

Again, don't say stuff like that. Those tricks, tips and suggestions are based on reality, not dreams.

"when that got boring i simply bought a new computer."

Right. Cause we all know what you do when the game is not functioning, go to the PC tree and pick a new, better one up.

"Most people want that extra 10% out of their computer"

That's how it actually works. It's your choice to limit yourself, but that means you're not using your PC really efficient.

"My I7-4770k, 16 gb beast ram, msi 970 4gb, ssd and 144 htz benq could probably run it on superultradeluxe, but i am content with High settings, medium shadows and low godrays."

No, it wouldn't. The game won't run at 60fps in downtown, it's a well known issue on machines stronger than yours. Has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. Game's not optimized at all, and that's that.

Well... I got the game to run at 60 fps downtown ^^ Just out of curiosity how low I needed to go with settings to get it. Stable 60 fps are possibly for me when using optimized textures and some mixture of low to medium settings and turning some things off completely ... and yes, I needed to go down that far cause otherwise you will never get 100% stable 60 fps. (Maybe I would still get drops, only tested it around 20-30 Minutes with running around and shooting a bit, so no real heavy load).

@Arneercool

But have to say your post was pretty funny ... superultradeluxe *giggle*

And why would you limit your computer? I even push manufacture oc gpus further, why not take the extra fps, when you don't get a loss of stability?

(Edit: sry, wrote wrong name in first place)

Edited by L3s7ing

"No, it wouldn't. The game won't run at 60fps in downtown, it's a well known issue on machines stronger than yours. Has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. Game's not optimized at all, and that's that."

Well, it does run a pretty smooth 80-90 fps in downtown on my pc, i'm glad to inform you. Maybe you people are not as savvy with computer as you like to think you are and have simply not setup your computers hardware accordingly to the games specifications. It takes more than a few edit in the prefs and the launcher menu you know?

But whatever, keep struggling.

You don't run these games above 60 unless you want your game to bust. It's a proven fact. And the fact that downtown is an issue is proven by people more knowledgeable than you AND me together. Stop pretending you know more than everyone.

The vivid fallout textures from hein84 helped me. He Redid many textures (Not ALL) with new and more efficient specular maps and made them look better. I get much better performance in the city now. give them a try.

Just tried it. Great mod. Stutters are almost gone.

and it's making the life of those that could add more content really difficult for no visible reason.Â

Â

So much this. And they chose to do it on the game where they decided to open up modding to consoles. So they want us to produce content but they want it to be as difficult as possible for us to do it? I just don't understand what they were thinking.

Â

Unless the reason is to become Bioware 2.

Â

Â

Which, I'm sure you'll agree, they'll never be able to do, with the number of devs they have and their complete and utter contempt for good dialogue/writing.

Â

Â

Edit: wow, that sounds so salty. I do like FO4 and love Beth, I'm just bitterly disappointed that they finally want to support our work (or at least support getting it to players) but then made it so difficult for us to make content.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for working on making a companion for FO4!!!

Now on the matter at hand, go to DT Boston and type TCL and go under ground.

You'll see the issue.

"No, it wouldn't. The game won't run at 60fps in downtown, it's a well known issue on machines stronger than yours. Has nothing to do with anything you mentioned. Game's not optimized at all, and that's that."

Â

Well, it does run a pretty smooth 80-90 fps in downtown on my pc, i'm glad to inform you. Maybe you people are not as savvy with computer as you like to think you are and have simply not setup your computers hardware accordingly to the games specifications. It takes more than a few edit in the prefs and the launcher menu you know?

But whatever, keep struggling.

Keep lying.

Bethesda caps frames at 60 for a reason.

Going above the 60 caps makes every aspect of the game screwy...It just doesn't work above 60FPS, and my i7-6900k and GTX 1070 only pulls 40fps in DT Boston with every setting maxed.