Telescope/Spy Glass

coldfire17

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would use it for not only identifying what is what, but for planning out my assault on a fort, camp, etc. Maybe I'm the only person who likes to play the game with a bit of thought? o.o

No, you're not. I think this would be a good addition; like the spyglass in Rage, it could be something you add to your favorites or hotkey it to toggle its zooming effect. I have a 23 Redguard assassin character than only uses daggers & poison -no bow & arrow, no magic, only "whisper" shout & 1st level of whirlwind sprint- so a spyglass/monocular would be a welcomed addition.

I'm still really trying hard to figure out why, since Archer Type is mentioned, Eagle Eye wouldn't suffice. I suppose since it doesn't consume stamina.

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but you sure are coming across that way. The whole point of a mod is gamer preference, especially in games in the Elder Scrolls & Fallout series. I personally have hated the diaper look that Bethesda does in their games, but do I want a nude mod? No. Which is why I use a "different underwear" mod. I don't knock those who do use the nude mods (pervs, lol), I simply overlook the mods that don't apply to me, just as you should have done in this thread. Okay, you don't like this mod's idea/functionality. Duly noted. G'bye. Shold've been the end of it.

But you can play smart in many ways. By level 40, I had every word of Unrelenting Force...since most keeps (for example) have at least one raised part of terrain around the outer walls, I could just perch myself on one, use the shout, knock some guy off the ledge, use Aura Whisper, cast invisibility, since I had the two perks in the Eagle Eye tree, I could quickly run to the entrance of the keep and one shot every person that walked out.

Yeah, that tactic is good for your character, not mine. I want a godd@mn spyglass.

So what we actually need is a dragon shout that gives you eagle eye. Every class gets it, it works, and you won't need to model or import any spyglass model and figure out animations for it. The word can be Zu'um. :P

No. Like I said before, I have characters that completely ignore the main quest, so shouts aren't even available to me. :P I'm also not going to "just go and do it" since I don't want dragons flying around, and I don't want my character to know he is dragonborn.

Edited by coldfire17