Why was the PC going to be killed?

Lehcar

But seriously why the hell do you still get executed if you are a high elf?

Beth should of at least had the Thalmor step in to double check.

If the stories of kidnappings, assassinations and purges are to be believed, the Thalmor has quite a body count of dead high elves in and out of their territory. They really are strict with their "with us or against us" philosophy.

The beginning did bug me as it really did look like a non-choice. The only reason to follow Hadvar would have been because you were hoping he'd be able to guide your way out of the place without guards trying to kill you for trying to escape. Even then, I would have thought to kill him the first chance I got before I run for the hills.

The fact that the opening quest was just a mirror image of itself was disappointing. It would have been much more entertaining if the choice led to different parts of the dungeon. Quite a wasted opportunity, really.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that the opening quest was just a mirror image of itself was disappointing. It would have been much more entertaining if the choice led to different parts of the dungeon. Quite a wasted opportunity, really.

that did bug me a bit too. however, i got over it quickly.

Yep since Bandits always attack first, and bandits are know for being... bandits (dont look at me, design desitions. Even the thief of the intro is called a thief cuz he is a thief, you're not called bandit, nor beggar, nor anything, just prisoner cuz they dont even state that you did something wrong). While you, the player, arent a known bandit, nor know beggar, nor stormcloack. The Empire could just have killed Ulfric and let the rest live and get prosecuted in a trial.

Do you seriously take gameplay maechanism and hits it on lore/personal mechanism?

No, the player would kill anything that moves outside a city, without remorse, and there is no proof they are bandits.

Lol, you call other ppl naive, and you think Ulfric should have stayed and fight side by side with the legion? What would have happened next? "Hey, lets forget our differences and have a beer!" No, he would be executed. You want us to put us in Tuillius shoes while you dont want to put yourself in Ulfric's? What would you do with your hands tied, no weapons, in a village that is a small fortress of the faction that almost killed you 20s ago? Go outside and fight for them?

I think you need to check the word "naive". That said, the point is there. You got

A) TUllius and the legion. a DRAGON attacks, and he would rather save everybody. He could have stabbed Ulfric and have ended the war, but he focused on the people.

and we got

B) Ulfric, who can get cut loose without problems. He runs and hides, and is not seen afterwards. He wouldn't pick up a sword and try to help the people he want to "free".

And put myself in Ulfric shoes? Sure. You are on a cause to free the Nords. You are captured, and a dragon attacks. I would now run to the nearest dead body, get his/her sword, cut myself loose and help as many people as possible. He had the voice for ctying out loud. And what did he do? Run away.

And you say put that "NORD" in big letters like if saving a nord was something that made the Empire look better. Cuz they're from other race? Isnt that a bit... racist? Like they dont deserve to be saved cuz they're nords but good tullius wants to save them so he is good.

Is this your first TES game? This is not Earth. There is racism everywhere. For instane, did you know Ulfric wants to kick everybody exept Nords out of Skyrim? That's racistic.

Now, Ulfrics nr.1 cause is the Nords, which he abandoned in Helgen. Tullius nr.1 cause is to keep Skyrim in the Empire and strike the Thalmor. Yet he looses men to save a small village.

Is it that hard to see the difference?

Not even the player can do anything to save the ppl. And no townsfolk of Helgen survived. Only the thalmor agent, Tullius, Ulfric and the Stormclock/Empire guy that you follow.

You are mistaken a few places here. We couldn't do anything, because we are a god damn prisoner that is beaten and weak. ANd for the rest, we do not know if anybody else survived. In the end Tullius lost men to save a doomed village, while the "savior" Ulfric ran like a dog away. Honorable, no?

The Thalmor is systematic and organized. They would know if you were a Thalmor long before you arrived.

You'd be selling the Vikings short if you'd portray them as lawless.

Now lawless, but rough.

If you made a big war in a country in the Viking ages, and I caught you on a mountain, I bet you I would have you killed on the spot - and nobody would care.

Well if they caught my character after he/she killed a bunch then it would be a different matter and the punishment would be just.

You are caught in the worse time possible, near ULFRIC. You don't need to have anybody killed, you are still there. They really don't got time, and take the risk, to drag your sore ass over to Solitude to go through the paperwork and find out your real identity to see if you are who you are. Heck, they would probably need to send word to Cyrodiil to get that information. Would you do that in Tullius situation? I sure wouldn't.

And about:

How do the Legioners fail to see that indiscriminately killing innocent people in cold blood is only give others a huge motivation to join the rebels? Seriously, you do not win over new recruits or allies that way, and without either of those things, your military force is toast.

The Legion doesn't work to recruit. Have you seen the maps of strategic points they hold? About 2/3, while the Thalmor holds about 0,5/3 and the other half is for the Stormcloak. Besides, nobody in Helgen cares about your death. Look, you are a random Joe in rags, that got nothing but a first name. It wouldn't stop anybody from joining them, since nobody cares.

Besides, the Stormcloak is a lot worse when it comes to killing innocent people.

Yeah, the beginning really bothered me, too. Even though my most powerful character is an Imperial, I felt that the introduction into the game was far too stormcloak-inclined, Sort of like Fallout: new vegas, where you meet one faction long before the other, (can't spoil anything more then the basics in this forum.) In Skyrim you have the Imperials beheading you for unknowingly being within a few miles of a rebel leader, while you have the stormcloaks, (Hi, Ralof.) talking with people and trying to get to know them as best they can before they're executed. And to top it all off, it's a stormcloak that initially tries to get you to safety.

I mean, just because you have a single solitary soldier (Hadvar, who at the time seems to strike you as a grunt, a lowly sword-swinger with a list.) tells the captain you're not on the list of people that will be killed without question, does that mean that most people will automatically follow him instead of the friendly one who you've known longer and spoken with? Nope.

That sounded a little too much like a rant instead of the casual opinion i'd hoped for. (Skyrim is still in my top 5 best games of all time list.)

But seriously why the hell do you still get executed if you are a high elf?

a lot of Altmer fled Summerset when the Thalmor took over. They killed a lot of people who opposed their rule as well. I highly doubt they would give a rats ass about one Altmer found on the side of the road.

As for an earlier comment about Tullius being the one to decide to execute everyone, thats wrong. The decision to execute the PC along with the known rebels comes from an Imperial Captain, no one else. Tullius gives a speech about how Ulfric is a traitor and a murderer, but doesn't make any judgement on individuals beyond assuming his staff did their job. Which, clearly, said captain didn't, but thats another issue altogether.

As for why you were picked up. Its likely, and in my mind probable, that you happened upon the Stormcloaks just before the ambush which captures them. Lorkir was probably trying to steal one of their horses at the same time. When the Empire sprung their ambush, they see 6 Stormcloaks and 2 others, assume the others are new recruits, and take everyone in.

The Stormcloaks are known criminals, Lokir tries to run (Not a good indication of someones innosence), the Thalmor are breathing down everyones neck and in all likelyhood everyone present is exhausted. As such, i can understand the decision of the captain. With a greater perspective than she has i can dissagree with it, but if i was in her boots i'd probably make the same call.

I want to read this thread but am worried about getting a spoiler from it (slow player), so I can judge whether or not its something I know already can someone just tell me quick what is "the PC"? What is this PC refering too?

1st off, Player is considered bad cus

Elder Scrolls always features a prisoner that is destined to do EPIC STUFF.

Altho it was epic in the first games Oblivion started decimating ES games. SKyrim is no different.

This is not AN RPG. You can be anything, a boss of the game, there is no difficulty cus enemies scale with a player, and higher difficulty means enemy have 2x,3x,4x more hp.

YES i came here to flame the game. Bethesda should stick to Fallout. Skyrim was a waste of money and time. One dungeon, 2 quests, tons of s*** rewards, no classes, bland characters, empty world. At least in Fallout exploration was rewarded, and looking at wasteland vistas for dungeons felt big. ALSO FALLOUT3 and NV HAD A PROPER ENDING.

I played as the shield 1h sword heavy warrior and at lvl 39 noone could even scratch me. Final mission trew 4 dragons at me that i obliterated due to Dragonrend. And what is the build up to EPIC BOSS FIGHT? A fricking stone pillar mini game!? GTFO!

Even the last Dragon Priest just before I entered Valhala or Sovngarde felt easy. Then Alduin came and pewpews fireballz. And then he dies.

"GG u did your job."

I got stuck at the Throat of the World and stood there like a bunch of midgets just raped me very fast and stole my money.

That is how I felt about SKyrim. I regret buying this repetitive game. I regret wasting so much time to realise I have, again been trolled by excessive hype.

Game's FAIL=Company+Prerelease Hype

In regards to RPGs and other character directed games, the term PC means Player Character. As such, this is about the intro sequence where the Dovahkiin is in chains and going to be executed for undisclosed reasons associated with the Stormcloaks.

duh... should have been obvious lol, thanks! :thumbsup: