ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Witcher mods incomming!

AlphaWoIF

good news ! got my hands on many more models to make this the ultimate witcher mod

one of the many new additions you can expect http://i41.tinypic.com/17bas0.png

dont thank me until there out but you can thank ( redxavier ) for placing them in my hands.

Edited by AlphaWoIF

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some advice on methods to eliminate this glossiness & shiny textures that ive been experiencing on my mods.

thing is the original textures ive been using are all in TGA format but even though they work ive found that having to many being called to load actually creates random crashed to desktop or even rooms not loading right on entry of a new instance. a few of my textures have alpha channels in and once i finally figured out how to use Photoshop DDS plugin to convert them to DDS WITH the alpha still in place as i was loosing them @ first.

ive spent the day day or so trying to understand alpha channels and how they work in normal maps and while ive had some progress in areas its becoming a fail when it comes to really shiny hair . epecially as its the diff that has the alpha and i cant seem to touch it without making the hair vanish , ive tried thing like darkening the normals in areas but its not reall working out as i would like and things like my sword grip shine when i dont want that part to.

has anyone got any tips of the best things to do to take the shine down without affecting the quality of it.