Witcher mods incomming!

AlphaWoIF

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big problem with the witcher it that there are no mod tools and its ridiculously hard to extract models with the buggy 3rd party tools that are around one being the blender pluging and I CANT STAND USING BLENDER.

As i have all my witcher files extracted to a folder and the blender with the script to open them with ,but i cant cant find the script in blender let alone get it started, as i was going to use it a a stepping stone to get them in to MAX!

SO for the time being ive had to rely on models ive found after some digging around and they are very limited atm, ive also heard rumours that while some files will open in blender with the scripts other models wont even though they are typically the same which is worrying . so until i can get this stupid blender to work with this script i am stuck with a handful of models only.

geralt x3

triss

Iorveth

roach

ves

letho

saskia

the rest including weapons & monsters i will be creating if i cant get access to more models

IM after drowners, prostitutes, succubus, harpies, swords, bruxa's and so on

Edited by AlphaWoIF

totally , all the current witcher models i have are in xnalara format which is great because i have a nice plugin for that too , but ive wasted almost a day on this blender rubbish reading what very little there is and getting everything in place yet is just does not show in the scripts list under import , otherwise i would be able to get stuff :(

Yeah, it's a real pain in the butt to get working, and some models still don't appear to import properly, but I appear to have it figured out. It's just time-consuming because you have to re-run the plugin after every export. Are you able to split meshes up and combine them ok? Wondering whether to create .3ds files of entire characters as one, or to have separate files for each part.

YES I CAN im always breaking them down and combing them again so a whole mesh or parts what ever is easier, whole mesh would prob be easier for yourself and would let me break them down to individual armour parts as i see fit. I read the way in which you have to parent the bones in blender which would be ace if they had them but if its an issue i could always rigg it to a biped in max for my positioning them prior to rigging as i like to keep master file of the model that's rigged just in-case i have to move a part slightly down the rigging process.

but i am intrested was it something im not doing right because im a blender noob.?

i put the import-witcher2-2011-05-27 script in the blender 2.49b users\app data\roaming\blender foundation\.blender\scripts.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2886nuw.jpg

and this is all i get i cant see itin that list not do i know if i had to add it insome way as the add tab @ the bottom wont open seems to be broken and dont open.

I run the importer script as an executable (i.e., double click on it), which then opens up Blender with the script already running - you then have to direct it to a folder containing w2ent files and also to the textures. Once done, you open up each w2ent and look at the meshes contained therein. I think it's very particular about which version of Blender and which version of Python Script you've got (got it working with versiosn 2.49 and 2.6, respectively).

I've got a few sets converted to .3ds - how do you want me to send these to you? I've found that when imported into Nifskope it's already divided into multiple NiTriShapes.

What I will need help on (from everyone actually) is names of characters with clothing/armour that folks want. I've not played the game for months (and did not complete it either!) and apart from a few of the main chaps I don't know who everyone is or where they appeared in the story.

So, if you remember an NPC combination that you thought was cool and you want to see in Skyrim, let me know where they are as models are categorised by Act and Community, and I'll export and send over to AlphaWolf.

I will pm you my email if thats cool :)

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_armor

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2_weapons

rigging for me should not take as long because from what i can tell there is a lot of almost the same models, and i have the rigging envelope data saved from my current one

I would like the witcher weapons first , pls look in these places if you could.

Robust witchers' silver sword

(Items\weapons\geraltswords)

(items\weapons\templates\player weapons)

monsters

drowner

nekker

succubus

bruxa

there seems to be 2 scoiatael bows in (items\weapons\) cant know if any of them are Iorweths that would be cool to get that!

dont go outta your way just when you have time it will take me time to rigg and tweak them anyway . i really want to start with the basic stuff like witcher silver sword\ steelsword and build in the better stuff as we go once the tools are out it will be real fun creating adds with perks built in like real witcher gear rather than replacing stuff like now.