First bad thing to say about Steam since HL2

Dark0ne

Thing is... Does it need to go online at least once after Steam is installed? For validation purposes, I'd guess. Because I've never had problems with starting Steam on offline mode while not having an active internet connection. Ever. Games, if properly validated once before, also run without any trouble.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I have not been able to log in offline was when I first was online, then got kicked off because someone logged in on another computer (my brother), and then I tried offline mode. It wouldn't work, until I went online again first.

I think that as long as you aren't kicked off Steam from online mode by another user first, starting offline mode should work.

Edited by Povuholo

Since this is Valve related, let me post this

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/14/valve-39-s-gabe-newell-trolls-terrifies-half-life-fans.aspx

Seriously, why can't you just work on HL3 instead of everything else! :verymad:

My home internet has stopped working and Stream refused to start in offline mode, all I got was a message telling me it couldn't connect, no offline option at all. I got around it by creating a wifi spot with my phone and connecting to the mobile network through that, once online I got the option to switch to offline. Honestly the system is idiotic.

Edit: It's back, yay.