[WIP] Ethas: Embrace of Destiny

jhardingame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkhIGR-SFxI

One year ago today, Bethesda released the Creation Kit, allowing many of us modders and players to bring our own dreams, worlds, and ideas to life. To celebrate the anniversary of the Creation Kit, we're releasing the first trailer for Ethas: Embrace of Destiny! We hope you enjoy it, and big thanks to Ben Britton for voicing King Emmeric Evers for us. So sit back, and take in the sights and sounds of the world of Ethas!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering, how are the development going?

Great! Just got a significant amount of work done on our economy system (more on that later) over the past few days plus have been working on the Great Valley region since the release of the trailer, Justin has been working on some architecture for one of our cities and some new armor, Andreas has been working on a new large ship model and a dungeon, and Kevin has been working on an Ethisian Steel Bow. We're all quite busy. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow what an amazing mod this looks. I know I'm late in the party as I've only just found out about this but I thought Mods for Skyrim would be slowing down and becoming stale but with Skywind, Ethas and others it seems the best is stil yet to come. I just hope ppl will really appreciate the effort you guys have put into this and look forward to when it's released.

Wow what an amazing mod this looks. I know I'm late in the party as I've only just found out about this but I thought Mods for Skyrim would be slowing down and becoming stale but with Skywind, Ethas and others it seems the best is stil yet to come. I just hope ppl will really appreciate the effort you guys have put into this and look forward to when it's released.

Thanks! That's what's awesome about the modding community - while the initial huge surge of smaller mods slows down after a while, a few years after release you suddenly have a huge amount of gigantic mods coming out. And believe me, we're just as excited to release it as you are to play! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everybody, long time no see. We're looking for a talented level designer to help us shape the world of Ethas. As I'm sure you've seen in past posts, we are an experienced team with most of us having large completed projects under our belt, and as such, we are looking for somebody that knows their stuff!

What you'll be doing:

Helping shape the world of Ethas, a land made of many diverse environments

Creating interesting and unique dungeons and various other interiors, including large, living towns

Crafting narrative through exploration, using the land and the spaces below it to help tell a story

It would be great if...:

You have experience designing exterior locations for large-world projects

You have created one or more well-crafted dungeons

Have plenty of experience in the Creation Kit or other Bethesda editors

Any other relevant skills (modeling, scripting, etc.) are not required, but would be a huge plus!

We're a very laid back and fairly small (on purpose) team. As anyone on the team can tell you, Justin (who is the other co-creator) and I don't bark out orders - we let the team have freedom to work on what they want. Sure, we occasionally have deadlines if we want to show off a certain part of Ethas by a certain date, but for the most part, it's up to you.

We synchronize all of our material through Dropbox, so if you have an account, that'd be great! If not, we'll help you get one set up and linked to our team folder. We also have an IRC channel, our main means of communication with the team.

Feel free to post here, PM me, or email us at [email protected]. Make sure to include any photos, videos, or links to past projects.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...