[WIP] Ethas: Embrace of Destiny

jhardingame

Impressive! Ticking all the top marks!

Props to your VA's, that was truly perfect! (couldve fooled me those were vanilla voices. Only these were better. :happy: )

Nothing else i can do but track this topic!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive! Ticking all the top marks!

Props to your VA's, that was truly perfect! (couldve fooled me those were vanilla voices. Only these were better. :happy: )

Nothing else i can do but track this topic!

I can't take credit for choosing great voice actors, that's all thanks to Justin (Jhardingame). Our voice actors really blew us away with the quality and consistency of their recordings, seriously awesome stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

is it still possible to use your old character from skyrim to ethas or we have to start a new game?

Yes, we've designed Ethas with that in mind. :smile:

You have a few options:

• If you load a current Skyrim save, you'll gain the ability to travel to and from Ethas via spell. Because the two worlds are in completely separate universes, there's no boat, road, or anything like that. As a result of this, nobody in Ethas will acknowledge you as the Dragonborn - you are instead a famous captain of the Arelian army.
  • If you start a new game, you'll be presented with the option to start in either Skyrim or Ethas. If you start in Skyrim, you'll gain the spell to travel to and from Ethas after you finish Unbound.
  • If you start a new game in Ethas, you will create your character as a part of our introduction, and you will get the spell after the introduction is done. When you travel to Skyrim from a new game in Ethas, you will begin in the cart as always. The only difference being that you will not create your character in Skyrim, as you have already done so while in Ethas.
Edited by EMH

• 2 months later...
So big news-

I have officially accepted an offer from Rockstar New England, and will be joining their team full time as a Junior Scripter! I'm ridiculously excited to join such a talented group of people working on amazing, world class video games. :)

So what does this mean for Ethas? Well, hopefully not a whole lot. I'll have less time to devote to the project, but I'll try to contribute when I can. Otherwise, the project will hopefully carry on as normal, but in the unfortunate case that it doesn't, we'll be sure to let you know. In the meantime, we'll continue our regular summer/winter update schedule, and hopefully have a few smaller updates in between.

Thanks to my awesome family and friends that have supported me throughout my game development journey, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you all. Thanks to all of you that have shown your support throughout the years, all of your feedback (both positive and negative) has helped shape Ethas into what it is today. And of course, thanks to Justin Hardin, Andreas Stavaas, and Kevin Saade Eriksen for joining me in making some awesome stuff over the past few years! Also, I have to give a shout out to Bethesda for fostering such an awesome community, as we wouldn't be here otherwise.

• 3 months later...
Read the full article at our moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ethas-embrace-of-destiny
Hi everybody!
Usually by this time, we probably would have had another summer update ready for you. However, most of the time since we released our walk-through video back in February has been spent on world and level design, and creating the areas that we needed to in order to realize the world of Ethas. This includes working on new architectural models (which I plan to show off at a later date when it's all ready!), designing our different regions, and more in depth things such as leveled lists to populate said areas with enemies for you to face. Since this has been the case, there has been very little work on quest design or implementing anything regarding quests in Ethas. However, though we don't have much new things to show you just yet, I do have a few pics to share showing some of the areas we've been designing.
The first is of an old abandoned fort known as Sailors Watch, located on the western coast of Arelia:
The second shows a small cavern with hidden treasure:
You may have also seen Elijah's article recently, and know that he recently stepped down from being Ethas' main world designer. Since Eli was big part of the project, progress has been fairly slow for the past month. However, we're looking for some talented people to come help out on the project, and get the project back up to speed. Some of the things we're looking for:
  • World Level Designers – People to help shape and craft the world of Ethas, from creating interiors to large exteriors.
  • Scripters – People who know their away around Skyrim's scripting system to help implement quests, dialogue, and other features. While there isn't much going on right now concerning scripting in Ethas, this is definitely something that will be much needed further down the road, and any help will be welcomed!
  • Modelers – From forging weapons to building castles, to putting together the most exquisite armor, we need people who know their way around models and are looking for the best!

If you feel like you can help us out in any of these areas, feel free to contact us at [email protected] and please link anything showcasing your abilities, such as mods you've created, pictures, or anything else you can think of! If you're unable to work on the project essentially “full-time”, and only have a few hours or so a week to help out, don't let that keep you from contacting us. Any help you're able to give will help in the long run, and will be absolutely appreciated.
Last, but not least, I just want to give a final thank you to Elijah. From helping out on your mod Alton, Illinois for Fallout 3, to our full on collaboration with Ethas, it has been a blast working with you. Sad to see you go, and you will surely be missed on the team. Though, I'm pretty sure I had already fired you a couple hundred times already.
Stay tuned for more news in the future, as we hope to show off some newer things in the next update!
-Justin
Edited by jhardingame

• 1 year later...

Hello, I came across this mod and see that all conversation stopped in 2012. I was wondering if there were any updates or was this project canceled? If it was launched, could someone point me to were or how I can download it. Would love to try it out!

Thanks

Hello, I came across this mod and see that all conversation stopped in 2012. I was wondering if there were any updates or was this project canceled? If it was launched, could someone point me to were or how I can download it. Would love to try it out!

Thanks

If you look at the post, just over you. you will see that we last got info in:

#147 http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/icon_share.png
http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/post_offline.pngjhardingame
Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

it does not mean that it are canseled just because we have not gotten info, it might just be the developers sticking their head in the sand and developing.