Transgendered/Crossdressing

Corrupted

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is best for someone like you to share with us your situation - after all, we don't see many transgendered people around here, so you are taking a very brave yet important step for our understanding of transgender. To me, it is harder for a transgendered person to reveal who they are more so than it is for a homosexual person to "come out" as they say.

But in this day and age, people are generally more understanding and more accepting of who you are, rather than what you are, right? I myself am open-minded, and I can understand what you are going through Corr. I found myself in your position a few years ago, after I broke up with my last girlfriend, and I questioned who I was.

I realize that I was only out of touch with myself, since I am simply more sensitive to my own feelings, as well as those of other people. All of my girlfriends before that never understood me for that, but I have no regrets or resentments anymore, because I am me, and that is all I ever want to be :thumbsup:

Even though I may not necessarily agree that crossdressing, homosexuality, etc. is right (religious reasons, please do not debate me on this), anyone who violently opposes it, be it through words or physical actions, is wrong. I am a Libertarian. I believe that everyone has the right to do what they want as long as it does not harm another in any way. At first glance, this may seem to conflict with my religion, but it does not. Anyways, despite my beliefs, anyone who is violently opposed to either cross-dressing or homosexuality is in the wrong. There's no reason to lecture someone or abuse them just for doing something you disagree with that harms you in no way. Corr, despite my personal convictions, I am still honored to call you a friend, and I hope you do not think less of me because of my beliefs. I know what it is like to question your own personal identity, having done it many times myself. Please do not think I am condemning you, in any way. That is most certainly not my intention.

Just to reiterate my beliefs: Anyone who thinks they have the right to harm someone in any way just because they disagree with them is wrong.

(Again, for those of you violently opposed to religion, please do not start a debate. I am merely stating my beliefs, and if you disagree, that's fine. Just don't do it on this particular site.)

I thought i'd open up a topic about transgendered people and crossdressers, and see who else in the depths of these forums are interested about them...

Call me bigoted... But why? And what do you mean "interested about"? No offense, but as the average forum goer around here is either 14, or younger, this doesn't seem like an appropiate topic to be discussing. Not so much because of the content it might involve, mind you, but rather the limited understanding many people have about the topic, and how something like this could really end up turning into a flame war pretty fast.

Personally I say whatever you want to do in your own home, as long as it doesn't create trouble for others, is none of our business. The moment you try and MAKE it our business, and glorify a destructive lifestyle filled with doubts, depression, hostility, and perversion* is where I have the problem.

*Perversion as in distorted, illogical ideas, or taking aspects of a given lifestyle to a point where it prevents function within society.

And for the record, I have done the research... Oddly enough... Quite a bit of it, and the doctrine involved with it is so flawed that it is only good for Springer. So don't even start because I don't have the time to sit down and lay it all out. All it takes is the ability to read through journals and cut through all the politics involved really. In some cases it seems like these people are just fed re-assuring ideas, just because society doesn't have any better solution, and leaving them to fend for themselves can be more destructive than offering a half-lie.

I thought i'd open up a topic about transgendered people and crossdressers, and see who else in the depths of these forums are interested about them...

Call me bigoted... But why? And what do you mean "interested about"? No offense, but as the average forum goer around here is either 14, or younger, this doesn't seem like an appropiate topic to be discussing. Not so much because of the content it might involve, mind you, but rather the limited understanding many people have about the topic, and how something like this could really end up turning into a flame war pretty fast.

Personally I say whatever you want to do in your own home, as long as it doesn't create trouble for others, is none of our business. The moment you try and MAKE it our business, and glorify a destructive lifestyle filled with doubts, depression, hostility, and perversion* is where I have the problem.

*Perversion as in distorted, illogical ideas, or taking aspects of a given lifestyle to a point where it prevents function within society.

And for the record, I have done the research... Oddly enough... Quite a bit of it, and the doctrine involved with it is so flawed that it is only good for Springer. So don't even start because I don't have the time to sit down and lay it all out. All it takes is the ability to read through journals and cut through all the politics involved really. In some cases it seems like these people are just fed re-assuring ideas, just because society doesn't have any better solution, and leaving them to fend for themselves can be more destructive than offering a half-lie.

Okay... you're bigoted. And you seem more than a little threatened. If you don't want to spend the time discussing something that someone else is concerned about, why bother posting anything. As to the 'average 14 year old', some of them could probably teach you a thing or two. And why bring a container of petrol along with you if you're worried about flame wars?

Okay... you're bigoted. And you seem more than a little threatened. If you don't want to spend the time discussing something that someone else is concerned about, why bother posting anything. As to the 'average 14 year old', some of them could probably teach you a thing or two. And why bring a container of petrol along with you if you're worried about flame wars?

And thank you for proving my point. People feel too strongly one way or another before they even read anyone else's posts, and considder what they're saying that they find it necessary to defend their own position. If anything this is a topic just as heated as religion because it IS so personal to some.

Threatened... No. Just because someone speaks against making a lifestyle choice public policy does not mean that they either misunderstand that lifestyle, or that the choices within a non-public setting are bad.

And it doesn't matter how much a 14 year old "thinks" they know on the subject, it is the matter of this site being (typically) PG-13 in nature, and that things discussed in such a topic being inappropriate for discussion on a site which has such a rating. Beyond that, most of those "all-knowing 14 year olds" you speak of really only know the things that their culture, or their therapist tell them. Many of those such teens are so desperate for an answer that they'll accept (and strongly defend) any answer that comes close. While I do not pretend to know their own personal situation, I have a fairly strong background in psychology and sociology, and much of the methodology of determining a person's gender identity relies on either the sort of questions designed to play off people who happen to be questioning that identity, or are filled with re-assuring statements, which should tell you that something is being done wrong.

And thank you for proving my point. People feel too strongly one way or another before they even read anyone else's posts, and considder what they're saying that they find it necessary to defend their own position. If anything this is a topic just as heated as religion because it IS so personal to some.

Threatened... No. Just because someone speaks against making a lifestyle choice public policy does not mean that they either misunderstand that lifestyle, or that the choices within a non-public setting are bad.

And it doesn't matter how much a 14 year old "thinks" they know on the subject, it is the matter of this site being (typically) PG-13 in nature, and that things discussed in such a topic being inappropriate for discussion on a site which has such a rating. Beyond that, most of those "all-knowing 14 year olds" you speak of really only know the things that their culture, or their therapist tell them. Many of those such teens are so desperate for an answer that they'll accept (and strongly defend) any answer that comes close.

While I do not pretend to know their own personal situation, I have a fairly strong background in psychology and sociology, and much of the methodology of determining a person's gender identity relies on either the sort of questions designed to play off people who happen to be questioning that identity, or are filled with re-assuring statements, which should tell you that something is being done wrong.

I don't happen to feel strongly, one way or the other, about this particular topic. What I do feel strongly about is someone using the very heavy and INFLAMATORY word ' perversion' and pretending that he is referring to illogicality. You KNOW that there are other less flame words to describe illogicalty etc., so why use ' perversion' unless you are having an incredibly mean spirited go at the hoster of this thread?

This discussion is taking place in the ' off topic' area. Sure, some young'uns may stumble upon this. But it is more likely that any that do zero in on this topic , especially in the 13+ age group, have concerns about aspects of their own sexuality. And- until someone like you starts dropping words like ' perversion' into the conversation- those very young'uns might just have felt secure enough to discuss it MATURELY , as had the other posters before you. Who the hell do you think you are that you can dictate what may or may not be discussed? If the moderators choose to ban topics such as this then that is what will happen. Not because you object to the content.

Fortunately, I am unhindered by any background in psychology. That tends to leave me free, unlike, apparently, you, to take part in discussions of this nature and to allow others to do the same. The post-pubescent adolescents whose psychological scarring you fear for are a damn sight more resilient than you give them credit for. Give them a chance to express, in a safe and uncritical environment, those things which may be bothering them. Otherwise, butt out.

I'm interested insofar as to why people feel the need to be of the opposite sex or pursue one's own side of the species. It's a concept I have a hard time of pondering simply because I've never had the impulse to indulge that. In any case, I've never seen any reason to condemn anyone that pursues what they want in that matter. Humanity's ideals extol the idea of the freedoms of speech, religion, and choice. Hell, you can't make a greater choice then by being who you feel you are -- be it as a man or woman. Unfortunately, it is also within that same realm where people can condemn such a person (though I view that as either arrogant or ignorant).

I'm not quite certain if this is beyond the scope of the original poster, yet it's the one nagging question I've had when a discussion about crossdressers (with the assumption of being gay)/transgendered people pops up: why does it get so convoluted? Why not just stay male (or female) and pursue other men? It obviously goes beyond 'being' homosexual, what's the drive?