⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

Wow, 126 pages of chasing. That is some real dedication there. Zero sarcasm intended.

I just returned to Skyrim after roughly two years away. The whole Bethesda / SKSE64 drama and such had me burned out with playing or working on my Dawnguard mod. Of course, when I come back, I run into this bug. For the first time no less. I'd like to thank all the folks who worked so hard chasing this bug and finding a solution. You all saved me a TON of work and it's greatly appreciated. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been having this exact same problem with my game. I uninstalled everything, and then reinstalled everything. I then started a new game, starting in Solitude, and played for hours without this issue, until I hit Whiterun, then it all started again. I am now going to try this fix, as ive been looking for answer to this issue.

TYHis fix corrected it. A very big thank you to all involed in creating this fix. Keep up the excellent work.

Thank you ever so much.

Cheers

Shamino

• 2 months later...

I read where the memory for scripts, in SSE fixes, was increased from like 500 to 2500. but! is it possible with a huge modded game that one could even have more scripts then even this large 2500 can hold?! Or, now maybe certain mod combinations could cause this problem; now unmasked due to the fixes.

freestone

Sadly I think this is my issue now. I ran into this bug awhile back - on a newly started game no less. I can't even leave the Alternate Start cell without getting a corrupt save. Cutting down my mod list fixes it, but that's not really a solution. So, on my game at least this bug is back.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting this issue now. I recently started modding on PC. I know the issue occurs before checking for loading save files because the other symptom is that NPC dialog begins missing options or not working. But restarting Skyrim SE is a work around.

I've tried re-installing "SSE Engine Fixes", uninstalling "SSE Fixes", I tried a few skyrim.ini tweaks, I still can't seem to get rid of this issue. Any ideas?

Hello! I have installed sse engine fixes but i still get this problem with this bug are there any other solutions to fix this bug?

Does anybody know whats the limit of plugins is for this bug? In the savegame i have 7000 scripts is that to much?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe vigilant cause this problem?

Iâve installed 202 mods till I installed it with its patches

The dialogues you mentioned were disappeared reappear after seconds you speak again with npcs

I think running thousands of scripts cause this issue and weâve reached the engineâs limit or PC.

Everything is running fine just save at that point and relaunch the game.

• 3 months later...

I read thru the first 60 or so pages of this as I stumbled across what I think is this same or very similar issue over the previous weekend. I have been rebuilding my mod list from scratch after being away from the game for a couple of years or so. I took a peak at the last few pages and realized just how long this thread really carried on over such a length of time with so much feedback and opinions on troubleshooting issues. I didn't want to skip to the end right away as I figured It could be beneficial to read thru most of it.

I did try the linked fix near the end of this and sure enough it did solve my issue as well.

I am so glad I came across this thread and I greatly applaud and appreciate the thoughts, tips, advice and troubleshooting steps that were brought up by everyone here.

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread.