[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

what's up with the Endereal propaganda? From what I've heard it's quite lame, well put together, more professionally polished than any Bethesda full releases, but it's still a cliché story with a not so interesting world building...
All info I've got were from reliable sources, and tho that doesn't cover all, I've had some friends who tried it out and hated it's guts... So, are you part of their team by any chance? haha

PS: I do prefer watching this thread over trying Endereal, I simply don't feel like it...

Edited by Guest

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just being patient and hoping that that someone polishes Mod Organizer for SSE before SKSE64 beta is released. I just can't use NMM after using MO for so long. The layout of MO just seemed easier to navigate. I used NMM for about a month before switching to MO and haven't gone back until trying to mod SSE. I prefer the in game modding over NMM at the moment. I'd much rather the SKSE team take their time to release something awe inspiring for us. I'm also hoping that Tannin is able to implement his style into NMM otherwise I'll probably just do other things for a year or two until all the awesome minded people in this nodding community make great things. I've been modding oldrim for over 5 years no sense in not continuing my hobby. I may take this time to dabble in the creationkit and maybe actually become a mod creator lol. Everyone in this community are awesome. Thank you for your years and years of awesomeness. Sorry Bethesda, but you didn't make TES what is today, your fans and mod creators did. I hope they remember that PC users will play a game to death then ressurect it over and over and over again. I've actually left consoles because of their lack of modding capabilities and in my opinion they are becoming over priced more and more. PCs are always releasing better hardware and modders are always releasing better mods. SKSE and other script extensions and hooks are what separate console gamers from PC gamers. The work the SKSE team releases IMO is the backbone to our community and highly important. When consoles somehow bridge that gap, they cease to be consoles and become PCs.

"Beta version of SKSE64 should be out end of this month. We don't yet know if it holds the required code for SkyUI, or if that code will be ported in stable version." https://steamcommuni...11913390643151/

This was posted a few pages back and on reddit. Not sure if that is a dev or not, so I don't know the legitimacy of it.

I saw that was posted on Steam by somebody named Ilja. Anybody know who that is? He may not know any more about this than we do, which is not much.

That's what I suspect. The team is probably just quietly working and no one knows for sure until they finally release it. That's usually how most professional developers I know operate.

I've kept 100% quiet about SKSE64 until now, what I've done in the mean time? Played SSE with whichever mods available for a while. But now I've Rolled back into Oldrim, facing all the bugs mem leaks and instabilities SE "fixed", but then again, each time I mod Oldrim it's a one-weeks "job" of fine-tuning and tweaking mods one by one, finding compatibility, testing load orders and trying to uncover deceitful glitches that happen for the most bizarre reasons (like the good old invisible objects in Oldrim, engine's fault, fixable but nearly impossible to actually do it). So, since I knew that rolling back into Oldrim would take a lot of time and effort, I've delayed it until I couldn't find any assurance about SKSE 64 and SkyUI getting done at any point in foreseeable future. Tbh with all of you, I doubt it's coming out anytime soon, which means, to me at least, that I won't probably ever see it because it's unlikely that I'll keep playing Skyrim for much longer (owned it for years now, played it countless times, bled my eyes trying to make stable heavily modded playthroughs, etc.) Altho SE sparkled the will to play again, that won't last much longer, and seeing as things are going (specially the silence) have pointed me towards Oldrim for the full experience instead of the half-arsed experience I was getting from SE due to the lack of "essential" mods .

Anyway, I am really thankful for the mods and community, but as I've said earlier, tbh I don't believe SKSE 64 will be around before I get tired of Skyrim again...

Idk anything bout a "Ilja". I trust my source n do think yall gonna be in for a very pleasant surprise

Edited by ndrwmxwll

I am just being patient and hoping that that someone polishes Mod Organizer for SSE before SKSE64 beta is released. I just can't use NMM after using MO for so long. The layout of MO just seemed easier to navigate. I used NMM for about a month before switching to MO and haven't gone back until trying to mod SSE. I prefer the in game modding over NMM at the moment. I'd much rather the SKSE team take their time to release something awe inspiring for us. I'm also hoping that Tannin is able to implement his style into NMM otherwise I'll probably just do other things for a year or two until all the awesome minded people in this nodding community make great things. I've been modding oldrim for over 5 years no sense in not continuing my hobby. I may take this time to dabble in the creationkit and maybe actually become a mod creator lol. Everyone in this community are awesome. Thank you for your years and years of awesomeness. Sorry Bethesda, but you didn't make TES what is today, your fans and mod creators did. I hope they remember that PC users will play a game to death then ressurect it over and over and over again. I've actually left consoles because of their lack of modding capabilities and in my opinion they are becoming over priced more and more. PCs are always releasing better hardware and modders are always releasing better mods. SKSE and other script extensions and hooks are what separate console gamers from PC gamers. The work the SKSE team releases IMO is the backbone to our community and highly important. When consoles somehow bridge that gap, they cease to be consoles and become PCs.

You do realize, that while not perfect, that there is a build up of MO that works more or less fine with SSE, I've been using it since first starting modding the remaster. If you do try it, just make sure to run it in the portable mode when you install it for SSE, otherwise funny things happen.

Thanks LordofDragons. I haven't even bothered seeing how far along the beta for MO has come. I'll go install it and check it out later tonight and start adding my mod list to it. Maybe I'll have 200+ mods solidly running by the time SKSE64 is ready :)

I think the development process has stopped. Since the original skse site still indicates the estimated release date as mid-March and nobody updated that sentence even though the March has almost ended. That is not to be taken lightly, since popular sites like PC Gamer have made news on the subject after that particular sentence, like ''Skse for SSE will be released by mid-March and we're excited!'' This is beyond being patient now and we need an update whether it is bad or good news.

Oh and I was right as usual, that ''well respected by steam community'' Ilja guy was proven to be a scammer.

Edited by SanguinBlack