⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

There are still a number of important mods that would be very difficult without SKSE: A port of "Jaxonz Positioner" immediately comes to mind, a utility that basically let's the player mod the game environment on the fly.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that for the most part I manage well with the mods at hand. What really makes me long for the arrival SKSE64 is first hand for a good character creation tool like the old Racemenu for ex. And more choises for the races and their presets.

Skyrim SE without SKSE64 is unplayable, I didn't touch this game since it came out. So I'm going crazy checking this thread every single day hoping that SKSE64 is finally done.

I'm not blaming them for delay, I'm thankful SKSE Team for such a hard work they put in this script BUT they should at least update in mid-march that it's gonna be release later because now it seems like the project is dead.

+1

For people who are impatient for SKSE because jiggly boobs - you might as well give up now because that's not what SKSE does. You are confusing SKSE with HDT Physics.

HDT Physics won't be coming to SSE, regardless of SKSE64. If you had SKSE64 yesterday, you still wouldn't have HDT Physics ever.

Where did you get that info that HDT not gonna be transfereed to SSE?

+1

For people who are impatient for SKSE because jiggly boobs - you might as well give up now because that's not what SKSE does. You are confusing SKSE with HDT Physics.

HDT Physics won't be coming to SSE, regardless of SKSE64. If you had SKSE64 yesterday, you still wouldn't have HDT Physics ever.

Where did you get that info that HDT not gonna be transfereed to SSE?

It was months ago, sorry, I don't have a link. The reason that was given was something like this:

HDT Physics for Oldrim is built using Intel's Havok SDK, the 32-bit version of which is free, and that made distributing it for Oldrim possible.

The 64-bit version is not free and distributing it would require that every user paid for a commercial licence. When you buy SSE you are in part paying for a licence to use the bits of Havok that are built into Skyrim, but you haven't paid for the bits of Havok that would need to be built into HDT, so you would need to pay again. The developer of HDT can't sell HDT to you (we aren't alllowed to sell mods), so there is no way he could recover those licence fees to pass on to Intel.

I think that's the gist of it. Maybe you can google it.

The point is, that HDT is not "something programmed in SKSE" and if we only had SKSE it could just be recompiled. It's programmed in Havok and SKSE is just used to link it to Skyrim. SKSE would be necessary but not sufficient.

Edited by OldMansBeard

They publicly announced a tentative date for a beta release. Do you understand the underlined words? Whether you believe you're justified to demand updates is irrelevant as they are not obligated to provide them for something that you, nor anyone else, is paying them for. I agree it would be nice, but it is not something they owe you. They are not providing a product or service that you have purchased, they are volunteering their time and effort to create and distribute something, for free. And when or even if they decide to do that is 100% up to them. And if you think they're possibly "doing this for the sole purpose of trolling" you are the one who is completely full of s*** and out of touch and completely lacking perspective with the modding community and the team behind SKSE.

I'm not stupid, I'm well aware the release was tentative, and that them being trolls is unlikely, but that's not the point I'm getting at. The only reason they have for not putting 10 minutes aside to let us know they are still working on it when they know that literally thousands of people are twiddling their thumbs is that they are dead, without communication, or simply don't care. It shows a lack of consideration for the community and that reason enough for me to get aggressive with the people here who are being complacent by defending them.

Edited by onandaga

For doing this CDProjektRed style for the most part is where I give the SKSE team accolades, they won't announce anything until they are for certain it is ready for release. Everyone can come back to this thread maybe in June or so, I have a habit of leaving a game behind for months or so or even a year and then return to it to see a lot of changes have been made since. Good habit to get into if you ask me as it makes you less antsy thus you are dedicating more of your time to other projects or games instead of the one, it creates patience which is most important.