Looking better

Kororaa

I'm glad to hear! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Hmm... I do have a very last question lol, but this has nothing to do with the topic of this post.

I've been playing Oblivion from scratch for 4-5 hours, and eveything was going fine, until now... My character is in the open world and I want to TP to Bravil, but get an error every time I try to TP anywhere. I walked to another location (an inn) and during the loading screen, eveything went smooth and I was able to keep going.

But for some unknown reasons, I can't TP to a city, any city without getting an error.

I tried a few things found on the internet but nothing worked :

- Disabling mods

- Disabling DLCs

- Turning off the sounds in the Oblivion .ini

- Reducing the quality of the game

I don't get any message in game saying that my save has been corrupted or that some content is missing. I just try to TP in town, and half during the loading screen (the bar is half full), the game load (like it was loaded 100%) and crashes...

I'm also using :

- 4GB Ram Patcher

- Fast exit

- Oblivion Stutter Remover

Here are my mods and their order (I put them in order myself in OBMM) :

- Oblivion.esm

- Unofficial Oblivion Patch

- UOP Vampire Aging annd Face Fix

- Oblivion Citadel Dor Fix

- Custom Race Fix

- Rens Beauty Pack

- Carry all you want

- Specialanims

- Oblivion XP

- Archery Rebalance

- Crowded Cities 15

- Oblivion Character Overhaul v2

- Colourwheels Oblivion Overhaul

- Let be there Darkness

- Sigil Stone Selector

- Key Chain

- Spell Delete and Item Remover

- Object Renamer

- Creature Diversity

- Blademan's New Birthsigns

- X-Ray Detect

- Chapel Shop

- Tona's Store

- Archer Shop

- DLC SI

- Knights

- DLC Frostcrag

- DLC SpellTomes

- DLC Battle Horn Castle

- DLC Mehrune Razor

- DLC Thieves Den

- DLC Horse Armor

- DLC Vile Lair

- Omery

On the other column of OBMM I have :

- DarNfied UI

- HGEC Body

- Let be there Darkness

- Oblivion XP

- Sigil Stone Selector

- Silver Ranger Stance

- Unofficial Oblivion Patch

- Unofficial SI Patch

If you guys can tell me if I messed up something, or if something else is wrong with my settings... I'm stuck and can't play anymorer T^T

Thanks

EDIT/UPDATE : I removed Crowded Cities and I was able to TP again, but the game still crashes some time to time. Any fixes I should know about ?

Edited by Kororaa

Hmm. Have you tried using LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool) to sort it? CTDs like this can be caused by load order.

I wanted to say thank you so much Nightflash7 for all your answers, it's really helping !

I'm gonna try to use LOOT, I also downloaded BOSS nd somthing really weird intrigued me :

- Some of the mods that I'm using like Rens Beauty Pack and a few others run well in my Oblivion, but BOSS put them in the Unrecognized category. Is it ok ?

When I use LOOT, will it put all my mods in the correct order or will some still be a bit messy ?

I'm also using Oblivion RAM Booster, LowPoly Grass for SI and Optimized Distant Land for a smoother experience, I will check if my FPS and game in general run better :3

When mods have never been reported to the BOSS Masterlist for Oblivion (i.e. they have not been added to the masterlist) BOSS reports them as unrecognized. You can report them and they will be added to the list. Your report should include the exact ESP name and if possible a link to where the mod can be downloaded.

In the mean time, while waiting for it to be added to the list you can use User Rules (found when running the full BOSS GUI from your desktop icon) to sort the unrecognized mod where you think it should go ... some experimentation may be required.

When mods have never been reported to the BOSS Masterlist for Oblivion (i.e. they have not been added to the masterlist) BOSS reports them as unrecognized. You can report them and they will be added to the list. Your report should include the exact ESP name and if possible a link to where the mod can be downloaded.

In the mean time, while waiting for it to be added to the list you can use User Rules (found when running the full BOSS GUI from your desktop icon) to sort the unrecognized mod where you think it should go ... some experimentation may be required.

Hello Striker879 !

Thanks for your answer, I understand now. I just find a bit weird that such a famous mod like this has never been reported to be added ^.^

I'm not sure about the right order... I just know a few things I found on the internet like :

- .esm files first.

- All patches right after the .esp they patch.

That's it ! xD So I guess I will wait a bit before doing that, but I will def do it :3

And why do BOSS says : "Warning : Remove this and use the UOP instead." for the Custom Race Fix ?

I had a new question, do you think that these 2 mods can work well together ? Because OBMM tells me that the second one has to overwrite SO MANY files (maybe hundreds !!!)

- OCO v2

- Colourwheel Oblivion v8

I just found myself a new addiction : modding heeheehee

Thanks again everyone !!

xoxo

- Teagan

Edited by Kororaa

I know I read some guidelines on manually setting up a load order, but it was a long time ago and I haven't saved a copy of it or link to it I'm afraid.

BOSS is telling you that you can save an ESP slot (without help from Wrye Bash the game is limited to 255 ESM + ESP ... could be + BSAs as well, can't remember). If you don't come close to the max number of ESM/ESPs then you can safely ignore that and continue to use your custom race fix ESP, your choice.

I'd need a link to the Colourwheel mod to be certain, but I seriously doubt that it will be compatible with OCO v2. If OBMM is warning about that many files it will be one or the other ... the last one installed overwrites all of the other's files (no way to fix that with load order or bash tags).

- Edit - Could be that you have a version of Rens that has recently been altered, and BOSS doesn't recognize the new ESP name.

Edited by Striker879

I'd need a link to the Colourwheel mod to be certain, but I seriously doubt that it will be compatible with OCO v2. If OBMM is warning about that many files it will be one or the other ... the last one installed overwrites all of the other's files (no way to fix that with load order or bash tags).

- Edit - Could be that you have a version of Rens that has recently been altered, and BOSS doesn't recognize the new ESP name.

Well here is the link for the Colourwheel : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36387/?

I really don't know about the comptability, because it does run alright with the clothes/armors changes and the new faces... But it might make the game very unstable too, and I don't want that, my game is already pretty stuttering and crash some time to time already lol.

My Ren version is this one : http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/4431/?

The latest one and the most endorsed, so I guess it's the good one lol.

Thanks LFact, I did delete the Custom Race Fix esp and it still works =D

From what I see there is zero percent chance that the Colourwheel mod can be used at the same time as Oblivion Character Overhaul v2. Compare the Textures\Faces\Oblivion.esm folder and you'll see what I mean ... they both edit exactly the same thing, so you can have one or the other but not both.

I don't know why that version of Rens wouldn't be on the masterlist ... I'm not a hair/eye/makeup type guy so I've never looked at it. I do see a bunch of mods with Rens in their ESP name listed in the masterlist though. Perhaps LFact may know a reason.