We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

DAI Mod Manager doesn't "see" DAI .exe in folder to set paths

FastBlackCat

If Mod Manager, doesn't find the game, or mod paths, it provides a browse button so you can tell it where they are located.

IN answer to Thandal, both paths are browse to folder settings, though the Dragon Age Path, actually uses browse to file functionality, it doesn't add the file, in the path shown, when the file's selected.

Mod Path is standard browse to folder function, the apparent discrepancy caused the confusion, I assume.

This may be a stupid question, but did you try to find the "DragonAgeInquisition.exe" file with the "Dragon Age Path"? Because I only can't see the .exe file with the "Mod Path".

As UhuruNUru said, make sure you use the right path - for example:

"Mod Path"

C:\Users\Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\ModFolder

"Dragon Age Path"

D:\Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\

If it still doesn't work and repair the game and re-download the DAI Tools Suite doesn’t solve your problem, maybe that could help you also:

- Make sure you have .NET Framework 4 or higher installed

- Repair your game with Origin ( or re-install the game )

- Make sure your mods and the ModManager aren't in the same folder

- Make sure that the DAI Tools Suite Loader/ModManager isn't in the same folder as your game

Thank you for your posts I have tried all of the above and have had no luck.I am starting to think this problem may be because I am use ORGIN to play the game and for some resion the mod manger cant find the game in ORGIN please let me know if this might be the problem,many thanks

Thank you for your posts I have tried all of the above and have had no luck.I am starting to think this problem may be because I am use ORGIN to play the game and for some resion the mod manger cant find the game in ORGIN please let me know if this might be the problem,many thanks

We all must use Origin, so it's not that.

You keep saying mod manager can't find the location, while we are saying you need to use the browse feature to find it.

Heres a picture, of my Dragon Age Path using provided Browse button.

Click on picture to enlarge, if it's to small to read

The result of my Settings can be found inside the "DAIToolsSuite" folder, the green coloured section is the default File path.

D:\Managers\DAIToolsSuite\Tools\Mod Manager\Main\Mod Manager v1.0\daimodmanager.ini

The Ini settings are then created

daimodmanager.ini

BasePath=D:\Origin\Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\
ModPath=G:\Mod Archives\DAIMM\DAIMod\
PatchVersion=12
Version=v0.59 alpha

Notice the Exe is not shown, in the ini file or Mod Manager, but must be selected, when browsing to that path.

If your windows doesn't show the file extension (.exe), the name, and icon will stll be there, so use the pic as your guide.

You must tell the mod manager where the mods, and game are, if it doesn't automaticallyfind them.

You need to know where the files are, on your system, to mod any game correctly.